Win the Chance to Shadow J.K. Rowling on Take Your Daughter to Work Day with Barbie

Contests
Posted by: Rosi
March 17, 2010, 11:03 AM

After naming Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling among the 10 Women to Watch in 2010, the Barbie I Can Be website has announced a new competition where you can win the chance to be shadow J.K. Rowling for a day. The competition is only open to girls between the age of 6 and 14 (as of the 1st of March, 2010) and the winners will be asked to report back about their experiences with "photos, videos and a short written essay." Other women winning girls will have the opportunity to shadow include Editor-in-Chief of Glamour Magazine Cindi Leive, Professor Yoky Matsuoka of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington and Olympic Snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler. Entries must be in by the 22nd of March and you can find more information here on the I Can Be website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Contests News

What a wonderful opportunity for both young women and men! Best of luck to the winner!!!

Posted by hewy on March 18, 2010, 11:38 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I LOOK 14 does that workout??

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on March 19, 2010, 11:46 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M NOT THE RIGHT AGE.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 19, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator
1165192963_gryffindor_thumb

Awww. :( On the bottom, it says J.K. Rowling isn’t participating.

Posted by Firebolt! on March 19, 2010, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Wicked_poster_by_pixarjunkie_thumb

I’m going to enter! Hehe!

Posted by Scylla on March 20, 2010, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Darn to bad im considered old. I loved barbies :sigh:

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 20, 2010, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

This should be really fun… An amazing opportunity! But I can’t help thinking that it would be even more amazing if kids from other countries and both genders could participate. Oh well… What sould we expect: this is “Barbie I can be” after all. I guess it sould be implyed. Still I can’t help it.

Posted by Madam Snape on March 20, 2010, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

How cool! My daughter isn’t old enough yet, but wow!

Image_thumb

Wow, can you imagine? That would be a defining moment in a child’s life! I wonder if it would be a full day or just a few hours. Awesome!

Posted by Smitch on March 21, 2010, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

awww, wish i was in the right age group :P

Posted by harrygetsme on March 24, 2010, 05:01 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

lol.. i was 14 on the 8th of March so just missed it :P But I don’t think I would have entered anyway..

Ronhermione_thumb

and I’m not in the US

"Simply fabulous," he whispered, indicating the automatic ticket machines. "Wonderfully ingenious."[br]"They're out of order," said Harry, pointing at the sign.[br]"Yes, but even so..." said Mr. Weasley, beaming fondly at them.