Footage from Deathly Hallows Premieres at ShoWest, includes Voldemort confrontation

DH Film
Posted by: Melissa
March 19, 2010, 01:49 AM

Multiple reports have surfaced tonight that Warner Bros. scored a big hit with trade show attendees by showing unfinished scenes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at this year's ShoWest, an important movie industry exhibition.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

One report notes that footage showed Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), bloodied from battle and "visibly terrified," walking into the woods to meet Voldemort, who taunts him with, "The boy who lived, come to die."

We saw little bits of everything, from the seven Harry Potters escaping from the Dursleys house (totally surreal) to the attack at Bill and Fleur's wedding to the escape from Gringotts on the pale dragon and even Hogwarts on fire. With unfinished effects it's hard to really say how it all looks, though some of the most effective moments were the simplest -- Ron and Harry's fight in the tent, Harry visiting his parents' graves, running away from the Snatchers in the woods, Harry defiantly telling Voldemort that he stays alive "because I have something worth fighting for."

Another notes:

Other bits of footage were Harry, Ron and Hermione in the forest fighting as Ron tells Harry that since he already lost his family his pain isn’t as important (or something like that).  We also saw tons of pre-viz mixed in with shot footage like Harry flying with Hagrid and Voldemort chasing him with other Death Eaters.  I also saw a scene of all the Harry’s from the beginning of the book.  Other bits were the kids in London walking around, Bill Nighy  as Rufus Scrimgeour, Harry and Ginny kissing, and so much more.  Some of the footage looked like done and some was very rough.

The only thing I knew for certain after watching the footage was the movie is going to be amazing and I am so happy the last book is in two parts.

The trailer ended with the info of when the movies are getting released and how they’re both in 3D.  Which is awesome.

FirstShowing also notes that the Quidditch area burns down. More as it comes!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

probably we will see that one too in few weeks time. amazing!

Posted by Matea on March 19, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Normal_carina2_thumb

YAY!! I am SO excited!! I am getting chills!! I LOVE YOU LORD VOLDEMORT!! I can’t wait to see him on the big screen… in 3D!!! OMG! faints

Posted by [Former] LadyofDarkness on March 19, 2010, 03:08 PM report to moderator

I really hope that when Ron comes back they have him save Harry like a true hero.. The films seem to make Ron into more of a wimpy jerk than he needs to be.. I just hope they do a damn good job redeeming him. :)

Posted by Libby on March 19, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There’s my awesomely descriptive post.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 19, 2010, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

aaaaawwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeessssssssssoooooooommmmmmmeeeeeeeee

Posted by Nwrosey on March 19, 2010, 03:37 PM report to moderator

i hope bellatrix has a large part in the movie! She’s my favorite character!

Posted by Nwrosey on March 19, 2010, 03:38 PM report to moderator

I don’t think I’d want to watch any bits of the movie before I see it in theaters. It would be better to see it all together for the first time and have it be a surprise. it sounds like it’s gonna be really good though.

Posted by gingerr_kat on March 19, 2010, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I want to see it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 19, 2010, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_articles_2011gq_0005_thumb

OOOOMMYYF****GOODNESS!! II AM SO EXCITEDD!

Posted by fan.numero1 [SFTC!] on March 19, 2010, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

This is TOO awesome to be true!!

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on March 19, 2010, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

OMG!!!!! This is so awesome!!!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on March 19, 2010, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I really want to see it but I’m not going to spoil the film at ALL!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 19, 2010, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I can’t believe this. I’m actually hyperventilating right now. I NEED TO SEE THESE FILMS!

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on March 19, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Forgot to add this to my last post:

It sounds like they’ve finally got it right, but I won’t know until I see it. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on March 19, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds really great! I cannot wait till it actually comes out! It will be just plain spectacular! They keep on saying things about it and I just get evn more excited than I already am!

"[i]You[/i] don't care about Ginny," said Ron, whose ears were now reddening. "[i]You're[/i] just worried I'm going to mess up your chances of being Head Boy --"[br]"Five points from Gryffindor!" Percy said tersley, fingering his prefect badge. "And I hop