Daniel Radcliffe Talks Epilogue, 'The Forest Again,' Saying Goodbye to Potter and More

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 02, 2010, 03:49 PM

A number of new articles and videos have surfaced on the MTV website in which Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has spoken briefly about "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." You may remember that last month we let you know about an interview MTV conducted with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) in which the actor mentioned that he was "excited to see what we look like 19 years later" in the epilogue scene. In a follow up to this article, Radcliffe comments, "[we] have done a few tests, and it does look really, really rather good." The Harry Potter actor also spoke about the daughter of Amanda Knight - the head of the makeup department - who Radcliffe hopes will portray Harry's daughter Lily Potter.  "She was born a week before I got the part and is now 9," continued Radcliffe, "So it's the kind of physical embodiment of how long we've been there." You can watch a video of this section of the interview here on the MTV website.

Secondly, Daniel Radcliffe has spoken about saying goodbye to Harry Potter, "something," he concedes, "you have to accept, and it's also very exciting." The actor described seeing fellow cast members leave the set for good as, "odd" as they finish their individual stories in the film and also discussed the lasting impact of the film on the British film industry:

I did have a moment the other day, in the makeup room that I have been in for ten years now. I did walk in and go, 'Wow, this is [hitting me]. One day — in about four or five months from now — I'm going to walk in here for the last time.' Especially since, after we're done shooting, they're redoing the entire studio, tearing down and starting again. Which is, about time! They could have done it ten years earlier, really. It's going to be amazing, actually. A big investment is going into Leavesden [Studios] and England will finally have a third film studio. They've always had Shepperton and Pinewood, but to have Leavesden? That will do wonders for the film industry in England, which is always a struggle to keep going. Potter has been the major film in England for the past ten years and it's [...] kept a lot of people in work, myself included, obviously.
You can find the video accompanying this article at this link, where you can also find more video clips of MTV's interview with the actor. In these clips, Radcliffe also discusses everything from the hypnotising effect of Olympic curling, social networking website Twitter and his involvement in The Trevor Project. Furthermore, Radcliffe mentions filming the resurrection stone scene in 'The Forest Again,' saying he "put a lot of pressure on [himself]" to get it right.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Ron1_thumb

I really don’t want the movies to end :( It’s so sad to think about.

Btw, if any of you guys haven’t heard of the song “End of an Era” by Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls, you really need to. I think it sums up my feelings about the end of HP.

Posted by Christine on March 02, 2010, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

I think that girl sounds perfect for Lily! And it’s so sad hearing about the end of the series coming. I think like a documentary of sorts of the last day or last few days of filming for the actors would be an awesome bonus feature on the DH DVD. It sounds like this one will be the best movie yet, and I’m hoping that’s the case because (in my opinion) DH is the best book!!

Posted by tubaturtle on March 02, 2010, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Burn-in_2_thumb

My favorite book by far, and I just hope WB can impress us :)

Posted by Iamtherealme on March 02, 2010, 06:39 PM report to moderator

What a great interview! Dan is truly an amazing young man. Would love to see him in “How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying”, hope he learns to sing well.
Looking forward to DH – 1 & 2!!!!

Posted by hewy on March 02, 2010, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Me_and_dan_orig_thumb

I can’t wait for the seventh movies! It’s crazy to think that it’s all coming to an end.

Posted by GinnyPotter811 on March 02, 2010, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

It has been the same actors in all of the films playing Harry’s parents. In all of the photos and in all of the scenes in the first film, the third, the fourth. I think they made them a little bit too old in the first film, but they did a better job making them look younger later on.

Posted by decarus on March 02, 2010, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

So excited for these movies :D

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on March 02, 2010, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

God, tears formed in my eyes just as I was reading this interview. When I receive the news that they have finished work on filming this series I am probably going to bawl for a good while.

Posted by Kirk on March 02, 2010, 08:22 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

YAY for Dan! It must be really odd to realize that everything is ending. Can’t wait to see the epilogue though… I like the idea of Amanda being Lily. If she does look like her in the book, then it would be a wonderful honor for her and a nice gesture of the crew for her to represent how long they have been filming. :) I’m super excited to see the films… SUPER EXCITED!! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on March 02, 2010, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

That was great to hear that all four will be with Harry during the forest walk.

Posted by decarus on March 02, 2010, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I guess it is good bye………
Dan, Emma, Rupert and the other Harry Potter cast will have to say good bye. They are almost done shooting and then it will all be over……………
Although I am excited I wish there were more Harry Potter movies or altleast books! But she said she’ll take another ten years in figuring out what she’ll do!

Hpdh_thumb

forest scene will be awesome
as real as all this has been and is for me
he literally “is” harry potter for the last ten years
thats so awesome

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 02, 2010, 11:25 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Great interviews. Look forward to more as we get closer to the end of filming and the appearance of DH part 1.

Posted by leigia on March 02, 2010, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I think his comments on the forest scene is the big news here. First of all, he confirms that he has finished filming it. Second, he confirms that Sirius will be there. I’m not sure if we ever had a confirmation that Gary Oldman was returning for this scene or not. So that’s cool. I hope he still gave a strong performance despite how much pressure he was under. It had to help having his mentor there though.

Posted by mollywobble on March 03, 2010, 12:13 AM report to moderator

Thank you, Daniel. My eyes are full of tears now. :’)

Posted by Mairéad on March 03, 2010, 01:15 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Well," said Riddle, smiling pleasantly, "how is it that [i]you[/i] -- a skinny boy with no extraordinary magical talent -- managed to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did [i]you[/i] escape with nothing but a scar, while Lord Voldemort's powers