Emma Thompson to Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows" Film?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 23, 2010, 12:14 AM

An interesting bit of information has been published in the the April issue of Tatler magazine, regarding the possible return of actress Emma Thompson as the character of Professor Trelawney in the final "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  An interview with Celemence Posey, who portrays the character of Fluer in the Harry Potter films, contains a brief mention of Ms. Thompson when Miss Posey relates her feelings on recognizing people she admires.  The magazine, scans from which can be found here care of Clemence-Posey.org, says:
"But in Paris, she adds, 'the French are too snob' to admit to recognising anyone. 'And I'm proud of that!' So proud that when Emma Thompson -- a heroine of hers -- was in make-up for Harry Potter the other day and she felt a goosepimply 'Aaaah!', she 'didn't say anything. Because I'm French! I won't admit it!'"
As readers will recall, Emma Thompson has stated she will not be retuning for the "Deathly Hallows" films. Official confirmation has yet to come from WB regarding this casting rumor.

Many thanks to Freya for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Presentation1_normal_thumb

I hope she’d be at DH. It would be really nice if we’re going to see all the characters again especially that it would be the second to the last of HP movies. But I still hope its not.

Posted by chRiStiNe [(ROAR)] on March 23, 2010, 12:17 AM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

I’d love to see Emma Thompson back for DH as Professor Trelawney!!! She’s so brilliant!!! And it’s an important caracter for the plot, and I guess she should indeed play her part in the battle against Voldemort.
That would be awsome…

Posted by Madam Snape on March 23, 2010, 12:30 AM report to moderator
Normal_movies_officialimages_lunaspectre_001_thumb

I want this to be true!

Posted by HPHealer on March 23, 2010, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I hope she’s back too. I mean her character is important in revealing that she made the prophecy of Harry long ago and confessed it to Dumbledore. So I hope she has come back!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on March 23, 2010, 12:44 AM report to moderator

Emma, please come back! o_o

Posted by Mairéad on March 23, 2010, 12:58 AM report to moderator
Student030_thumb

Hard to imagine anyone else in the role.

Posted by wayneNtampa on March 23, 2010, 01:02 AM report to moderator

please please please please!!! let it be true!!!!

Posted by emdash84 on March 23, 2010, 01:04 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

oh, I hope so! That would be awesome.

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on March 23, 2010, 01:10 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I absolutely hope so!! If it’s not Emma, NOBODY can do it! nobody else can fit that role in the first place, and especially not after she already set the standard for it. She is so incredible, I really really want her to be in the last one!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on March 23, 2010, 01:34 AM report to moderator

Come back & throw a few crystal balls at Death Eaters, Emma!

Posted by Dawna on March 23, 2010, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

I hope this is true she is brilliant!

Posted by Horcrux~Noctus~ on March 23, 2010, 02:28 AM report to moderator
Tete_ben_thumb

It’s CLEMENCE POESY (french word for poetry, but with a “Y” instead of “IE”). And FLEUR (means flower in english), by the way.

Posted by Noz on March 23, 2010, 03:39 AM report to moderator
Logo_revised_thumb

I absolutely love the part in the book where Trelawney is throwing crystal balls at the Death Eaters. I remember reading that the first time and thinking, “hey, she finally found a good use for those crystal balls!” I do hope that scene ends up in the movie.

Posted by Miss Hagrid on March 23, 2010, 05:19 AM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

OMG! I was just telling my mum the other day about how she wasn’t going to be in DH and now she might be!!!! So excited. Would’ve been amazing if we didn’t know about it till she turned up though!

Posted by joelface on March 23, 2010, 05:30 AM report to moderator
Llamaflyiong_thumb

It would be great it she was in the film but after she made she a big deal of announcing that she wouldn’t be in it I would be quite surprised if it turned out that she actually was (it would, of course, be a very pleasant one!). Perhaps the filming schedules originally clash between DH2 and Nanny McPhee (which I think is such a cute film).

Posted by lurking_llama on March 23, 2010, 06:24 AM report to moderator

"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," she said. She had a bossy sort of voice, lots of bushy brown hair, and rather large front teeth.