Emma Thompson to Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows" Film?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
March 23, 2010, 12:14 AM

An interesting bit of information has been published in the the April issue of Tatler magazine, regarding the possible return of actress Emma Thompson as the character of Professor Trelawney in the final "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  An interview with Celemence Posey, who portrays the character of Fluer in the Harry Potter films, contains a brief mention of Ms. Thompson when Miss Posey relates her feelings on recognizing people she admires.  The magazine, scans from which can be found here care of Clemence-Posey.org, says:
"But in Paris, she adds, 'the French are too snob' to admit to recognising anyone. 'And I'm proud of that!' So proud that when Emma Thompson -- a heroine of hers -- was in make-up for Harry Potter the other day and she felt a goosepimply 'Aaaah!', she 'didn't say anything. Because I'm French! I won't admit it!'"
As readers will recall, Emma Thompson has stated she will not be retuning for the "Deathly Hallows" films. Official confirmation has yet to come from WB regarding this casting rumor.

Many thanks to Freya for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

All-voldemort-needs_thumb

This rumor has to bee true)))

Posted by Pollytomat on March 24, 2010, 01:33 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I hope she comes back for DH, that would be really great. I just saw her in ‘Last Chance Harvey’ and loved her!

Posted by LunaLuver on March 24, 2010, 03:12 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

I wish it’s true!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on March 24, 2010, 03:51 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

if this is true, it would be cool…

Posted by alegria35 on March 24, 2010, 05:30 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Whoa! I hope she is in it! Do you think they’ll do a prophesy flashback?

Emma_watson_1_thumb

I hope she’ll be back.I have to admit,she is my least favorite character but she’s an important character as she was the one who made the prophecy.

Posted by HP_crazy on March 24, 2010, 06:17 AM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

Ooo. Wouldn’t that be great if is true? Though, I have no idea why Posey would lie about something like that. Unless, of course, she meant during her time on the GoF set, and not DH…

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on March 24, 2010, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Thumb_dh_unofficialstills_harry_ron_hermione_012_thumb

I can’t wait to see the crystal balls fly!

Posted by dreampotter [ROAR!] on March 24, 2010, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

Let this be true!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on March 24, 2010, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Oooh!! Hope she does!

Thompson’s prior announcement suggested that it was her choice to abandon the role of Trelawney in favor of her own personal project. For that reason, I too am rather 50/50 on the possibility of her return, though I do expect that I will enjoy her work if she does.

Posted by Jillxoxo on March 24, 2010, 02:12 PM report to moderator
Tlcpic_thumb

I hope she does!! Her character would help tie everything up nicely, since she was the one to start it all.

Posted by LexNox6 on March 24, 2010, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Kick_you_ass_thumb

Good becasue she is so great!

Posted by lttlmsravnclaw07 on March 24, 2010, 03:28 PM report to moderator

I would love her to come back! Her role is such an important one and I don’t think anyone could play it better! She is a terrific actress!! Come back! everyone wants you to! :D

Posted by Lisa96 (ROAR) on March 24, 2010, 04:10 PM report to moderator

Posted by Lisa96 (ROAR) on March 24, 2010, 04:10 PM report to moderator

"It's the same all over," said Mr. Borgin, in his oily voice. "Wizarding blood is counting for less everywhere--"[br]"Not with me." said Mr. Malfoy, his long nostrils flaring.