Emma Thompson Confirms Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows"

Thompson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 25, 2010, 01:56 PM

Earlier this week, we told you about an article in the Tatler in which Cleménce Poésy implied that Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) would be in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Thompson has confirmed in an interview with CBBC's Newsround that she will be reprising the role of the Divination teacher; when asked whether she knew if she would return for the last Harry Potter film, Thompson exclaimed, "I am, I'm in it, I've done it! I've already done it!" Quotage:

Interviewer: Why were people expecting that you weren't going to be in it?
Emma Thompson: I don't know, someone got a bee in their bonnet and said she's not doing it and that was completely false.
Interviewer: So we can confirm that you'll definitely in the final film?
Emma Thompson: I am in it, I've done two days on it and my sister's in it as well, actually! [Joking] And my next door neighbour. You're probably in it as well! If you look very carefully I'm sure you'll pop up somewhere.
The interview was otherwise devoted to promoting the upcoming "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," which will be released in the U.K. tomorrow, the 26th of March. Thompson wrote the screenplay and additionally stars as the main character. The actress commented on her enjoyment of working alongside a generally young cast who are "fully present and there," as well as her profound dislike of the process behind the Nanny McPhee mask. The interview on the CBBC website is only available to those in the U.K. and can be found at this link.

Thanks to MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Thompson Interviews News

P4093399_thumb

OH.MY.GOD. It is like a reunion!!!! Sooo perfect!!! Everyone is going to be in it! I just hope that the script will be fine and that they’ll manage to cover all the mistakes and especially the things that are missing from the previous films..

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on March 25, 2010, 03:36 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

Squeee!!!!!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 25, 2010, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Monty-python-black-knight-with-one-arm-off-794357_thumb

It’d be funny if she was throwing crystal balls at Helena Bonham Carter during the battle scenes!

Posted by Fastbak on March 25, 2010, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Is the only part where she’s going to be is the Battle of Hogwarts? Or are there any extra scenes?

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on March 25, 2010, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Flitwick_thumb

Best news I’ve heard all week!!!!!!!!!

Posted by JoeWorthy on March 25, 2010, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

it’s nice to see her back. I want all characters to be back for the last two! so emotional…cries

Posted by Matea on March 25, 2010, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

glad to hear that

Posted by MaggieNoise on March 25, 2010, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

So glad she’s coming back! Looking forward to watching the new Nanny McPhee movie!

Posted by Lucida on March 25, 2010, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Looking forward to seeing her scene then.

Posted by leigia on March 25, 2010, 04:02 PM report to moderator

YESS! :))

Posted by Mairéad on March 25, 2010, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

I’m glad! She is so perfect as Professor Trelawney and it would have been a huge hole in the Snape story arc not to have her there. And she’s going to be AWESOME in the Hogwarts Battle scenes! Can’t wait!

Posted by rosepug on March 25, 2010, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

That is quite exciting. A bit off topic, but when do we get to find out who will play the young Lilly Evans? I would really like to know how they will portray her. Also young Snape?

Posted by sgreeter8888 on March 25, 2010, 04:05 PM report to moderator

Emma, you’re the one who Put the bee in the bonnet!

Quote:

“No, no, no,” the Oscar winner insisted when we asked whether she’d be returning as Professor Sybil Trelawney in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”. “I’m making my own ‘Nanny McPhee’ next year. They mean much more to me.”

MTV Movies Blogs Posted 11/11/08 1:47 pm ET by Larry Carroll in News

end quote.

I am so happy she’s in the movie. :)

Posted by CatPA on March 25, 2010, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Yay, I hope she gets to take on some Death Eaters!

Posted by nellythemarrow on March 25, 2010, 04:13 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

i am very weirdly happy about this. i think i was more disappointed with her being gone then i realized. she best be chucking some crystal balls at the end :D

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on March 25, 2010, 04:20 PM report to moderator

The hooded figure raised its head and looked right at Harry -- unicorn blood was dribbling down its front. It got to its feet and came swiftly toward Harry -- he couldn't move for fear.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014