Emma Thompson Confirms Return as Trelawney in "Deathly Hallows"

Thompson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
March 25, 2010, 01:56 PM

Earlier this week, we told you about an article in the Tatler in which Cleménce Poésy implied that Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) would be in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Thompson has confirmed in an interview with CBBC's Newsround that she will be reprising the role of the Divination teacher; when asked whether she knew if she would return for the last Harry Potter film, Thompson exclaimed, "I am, I'm in it, I've done it! I've already done it!" Quotage:

Interviewer: Why were people expecting that you weren't going to be in it?
Emma Thompson: I don't know, someone got a bee in their bonnet and said she's not doing it and that was completely false.
Interviewer: So we can confirm that you'll definitely in the final film?
Emma Thompson: I am in it, I've done two days on it and my sister's in it as well, actually! [Joking] And my next door neighbour. You're probably in it as well! If you look very carefully I'm sure you'll pop up somewhere.
The interview was otherwise devoted to promoting the upcoming "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," which will be released in the U.K. tomorrow, the 26th of March. Thompson wrote the screenplay and additionally stars as the main character. The actress commented on her enjoyment of working alongside a generally young cast who are "fully present and there," as well as her profound dislike of the process behind the Nanny McPhee mask. The interview on the CBBC website is only available to those in the U.K. and can be found at this link.

Thanks to MuggleNet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Thompson Interviews News

We just need a few more confirmations now and it’ll be perfect

Posted by Smonocco on March 25, 2010, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

fist pump
YEAAAAA!

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on March 25, 2010, 04:31 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Oh hell, YES! :D

So glad she’s back! Hope she is shown throwing crystal balls in the battle at the end! :) That would be funny.

Does this mean virtually every (still living) Hogwarts-based character from all the films will show up at the end? That would be a lovely way to send off the franchise! Cameos galore!

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on March 25, 2010, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am very pleased to hear that she will return for a brief cameo and amuse us all by dropping crystal balls on people’s heads.

Posted by Kirk on March 25, 2010, 04:36 PM report to moderator

She wasn’t joking when she said her sister’s in it. Her sister (Sophie Thompson) is playing Malfalda Hopkirk (well really Hermione who’s taken polyjuice potion).

Posted by phattjabba on March 25, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Um I was under the impression that SHE herself was the one who said they hadn’t asked her to be in HBP and that she wouldn’t be in DH either because she would be too busy with Nanny McPhee. Didn’t she write the script for Nanny McPhee and either direct or produce it as well as acting?

Oh well! I’m still just super excited to hear that she is in DH! I can’t wait to see Trelawney magically tennis serving crystal balls at Death Eaters with her wand from over the balcony. That will be hilarious! I’m actually reading DH again right now!

Posted by bella vita on March 25, 2010, 05:16 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

That’s so cool! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on March 25, 2010, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Happy to hear she’ll be back.

Posted by LunaLuver on March 25, 2010, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Yay! She is back!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 25, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Yay! i love how they’re bringing back everyone

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on March 25, 2010, 05:33 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!=D Perhaps I’m a little to happy about this but I looooooooove her and her character. =D

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on March 25, 2010, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

yay! it wouldn’t be the same without her.

Posted by harrygetsme on March 25, 2010, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Woho!! Great news!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on March 25, 2010, 06:32 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb
She did not have nearly enough screentime in the other movies. She wont really have a big part in this one though. :(
Posted by Nwrosey on March 25, 2010, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Rik1_thumb

Does this mean she’s in Part 1 & Part 2? Or just one of them?? I hope she’s in both.

Posted by RikPotterButler on March 25, 2010, 06:52 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Unfortunately, classes will be disrupted in February by a nasty bout of the flu. I myself will lose my voice. And around Easter, one of our number will leave us forever."