More Details About Godric's Hollow Scenes Filmed in "Ethereal" Lavenham

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
March 26, 2010, 06:51 PM

The Suffolk Free Press has a few more details on the filming that took place on the 29th of January in the mediæval village of Lavenham, Suffolk. No members of the cast were present for the scenes shot in the village in January, but the paper reports, "Harry Potter and Hermione Granger will be added through computer wizardry." Jane Gosling, the manager of Lavenham Guildhall, commented on further digital adjustments such as editing out modern houses. The Guildhall itself (which is a National Trust building), says Gosling, was used as the house of Lily and James Potter. The article cites Lavenham's ""ethereal" quality" as the reason why location managers chose the village "as the basis for Godric's Hollow."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Littlel_thumb

Wow, I’ve stayed in Lavenham at least a couple of times for a holiday and also visited that place! If only I’d known that I was in James and Lily’s “house” at the time.. freaky

Posted by littleL on March 27, 2010, 06:54 AM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

I’ve read a lot of “anti” posts saying this is James/Lily’s place. Did anyone think it is Bathilda Bagshot’s house?

Posted by Nwrosey on March 27, 2010, 07:59 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Is that Lily and James’ house? Hmmm .. not how I pictured it, but I’m sure it will be terrific in the film. OMG, so excited.

Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

i imagined it wuite different. but i cant complain, i guess ;p

Posted by MaggieNoise on March 27, 2010, 08:11 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Awesome. I want to see how it will look in the movie!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on March 27, 2010, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It looks great! I am so excited!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 27, 2010, 09:47 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Is that the same house shown in the flashback in Sorcerer’s Stone?

Posted by All Was Well on March 27, 2010, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Gryffindorcrest_1__thumb

I always had james and lily’s home more of a cottage. I agree with nwrosey that it might be bathilda’s rather than james and lily’s. Can’t wait for the movie.

Posted by Andie21 on March 27, 2010, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

It looks very different from the house they used in the first film, which is more how i imagined it look like. But it will probably look better on the movie. And I think they’ve dropped the polyjuice potion, because in the trailer when harry and hermione visit a graveyard they are themselves, and I always thought that was supposed to be in Godric’s Hollow. Besides the producers probably think the audience will prefer to see dan and emma than two old people..

Posted by DarthWeetzie on March 27, 2010, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

I hope it’s supposed to be Bathilda’s home!

Posted by DarthWeetzie on March 27, 2010, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

wow thats a big house

Posted by alicia00 on March 27, 2010, 11:15 AM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

cool cant wait

Posted by LilLadySnape on March 27, 2010, 11:29 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Wow … it looks kind of nice. Doesnt Stephen Fry live someplace near there? Maybe they’ll give him a cameo role or something. I’m still hoping that he will be in the HP movies lol

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 27, 2010, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Yeah guys – it’s different than what I thought but I think they will change the outside via computer graphics anyway. I think it’s too white.

Posted by Girlraven1 on March 27, 2010, 01:56 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Just wondering, why aren’t they using the house shown in Philosophers Stone? :S

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on March 27, 2010, 02:36 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Harry sat there staring at Snape as the lesson began, picturing horrific things happening to him... If only he knew how to do the Cruciatus Curse... he'd have Snape flat on his back like that spider, jerking and twitching...