Ellen DeGeneres Show Makes Call for Knowledgeable Harry Potter Fans

Fans
Posted by: Edward
March 09, 2010, 10:45 PM

As a follow up to our post about the Ellen DeGeneres Show taping from Universal Studios Orlando and broadcasting a 'sneak peek' at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, the talk show's  website has put out a call for those knowledgeable in everything Harry Potter.  In the "Be Part of the Show' section, the following call has been issued:

Do you have a precocious child who knows everything there is to know about Harry Potter books and movies? Is talking about Harry Potter his or her favorite subject? If so, we want to hear about them! Click here to tell us about your little wizard.
A following prompt asks for a 1500 character (maximum) story about the young Harry Potter fan, as well as a photo of the entrant.  If the fan is under the age of 18, the form must be filled out by a parent or guardian on the young fan's behalf.

For full information about this call, and to enter, click here.

Many thanks, Tracy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Image2_thumb

Hmmm, does a 25 year old count as a “precious little child”?

Posted by Superman369 on March 09, 2010, 11:06 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

At 49, I’m a little too old to pass. Perhaps I’ll start working on some polyjuice potion.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 09, 2010, 11:11 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

sighs If only I lived in the US…

Posted by siriusismyhero on March 09, 2010, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

dude 25 is definately a precious little child

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 09, 2010, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Ohh I wish I could join! If only I lived in the US

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 09, 2010, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

What a shame that I’m too old to be considered a child. Oh well. Good luck to all who entered.

Posted by leigia on March 09, 2010, 11:37 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

Does anyone else find this “call” a little confusing and lacking in information? It say “precious little child”, but then it talks about IF you are under 18 years old that your parent/guardian must fill out the form with their information, not the minor’s. It says nothing about an age limit. It also does not tell you what will be happening with the info you send them. Is Ellen just put it up on her website or is she going to show the pic and tell their “story” on the show? Is she going to call one of them during the show or will a one lucky person be invited on the show? I am tempted to send my info in (even though I am in my 20’s), but I am a little worried about doing so since I don’t what will happen?

Posted by Miss Freewind on March 09, 2010, 11:47 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I’m 19… but nowadays that’s not considered a “Precious child”. LOL I do agree though that the directions are a little confusing. Do you have to be an actual child or can you be older… how it’s worded is wierd.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on March 09, 2010, 11:54 PM report to moderator
150px-neville_longbottom_holding_his_cactus_plant_thumb

sounds nice for all the little kids out there.
wish they would give things like this away to the “Precious Adult” Fans!

Posted by Jyanpuff86 on March 10, 2010, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Dang! To old!! Drat!

Posted by Swizzle on March 10, 2010, 12:59 AM report to moderator
Avpm_thumb

Shoot, I’m 19 and I just entered.

Posted by NobleHouseofBlack on March 10, 2010, 01:11 AM report to moderator
Helenabonhamcarterbellatrix_thumb

i think everyone on leaky is over the child age. ill be 30 in june so i doubt ill qualify. but im going in june anyway so ill still be able to expereience it.

Posted by geminidreamatl29 on March 10, 2010, 01:22 AM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

I think it’s time we made it clear that it’s not just ‘precious children’ that are knowledgeable (and obsessed) HP fans!

Posted by rosepug on March 10, 2010, 01:28 AM report to moderator
Dhrandh_thumb

OMG!!! O.o
I should soo do this!!!!!
im going to see what I can do
her show is filmed near my city :)

Posted by Mosu on March 10, 2010, 01:44 AM report to moderator
Image2_thumb

It would be funny if I made it on the show. “On todays show, a 25 year old police officer and father from Philadelphia, who is an avid Harry Potter nerd.” Man, I would never hear the end of it at work!

Posted by Superman369 on March 10, 2010, 03:00 AM report to moderator

Hermione was talking very earnestly to Lupin about her view of elf rights.[br]"I mean, it's the same kind of nonsense as werewolf segregation, isn't it? It all stems from this horrible thing wizards have of thinking they're superior to other creatures..."