Confirmed: Dan Radcliffe to Return to Broadway in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Edward
April 15, 2010, 07:01 PM

As Variety Magazine is now reporting, actor Dan Radcliffe will be making his return to Broadway in a revival of the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."  Set to debut in the Spring of 2011, Variety reports:

Show reunites producers and creatives from the soon-to-open revival of "Promises, Promises." "How to Succeed" is produced by Broadway Across America, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, and will be helmed and choreographed by [R]ob Ashford.
An accompanying Playbill.com article notes that, "the original 1961 production earned 7 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Author and Best Score, as well as the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Robert Morse earned a Tony Award for his performance as J. Pierrepont Finch.  The story follows a young window washer, who with the help of the titular book, rises to the top of the World Wide Wickets Company in New York City."

This news also comes following several reports late last year, as well as a December table read which took place in New York City.  As readers will recall, Mr. Radcliffe is no stranger to the Broadway stage, for he starred with Harry Potter co-star Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) in the revival of the Peter Shaffer play "Equus" in 2008, following a successful run on London's West End.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Q3_thumb

He was amazing in Equus, I have no doubt in my mind he will be amazing in this as well. Planning the trip ;D

Posted by KennedyJames on April 17, 2010, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

Posted by KennedyJames on April 17, 2010, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

That musical is awesome! good for dan!

Posted by friendofblob on April 18, 2010, 09:41 AM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

He was great in Equus, definitely going to see this one as well!

Posted by PaintTheSky on April 18, 2010, 10:13 AM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

I really hope this comes to the West End too!

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on April 18, 2010, 07:24 PM report to moderator
Aa_thumb

OMG
Dan, i just only talk " good luck"
i love you because you are my daniel

Posted by lovely harol ricco on April 19, 2010, 01:41 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

BRODWAY IS ALLWAYS COOL

Posted by alicia00 on April 23, 2010, 04:20 PM report to moderator

"I cared about you too much," said Dumbledore simply. "I cared more for your happiness than your knowing the truth, more for your peace of mind than my plan, more for your life than the lives that might be lost if the plan failed. In other words, I acted

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014