New Clip of Ellen DeGeneres' Wizarding World of Harry Potter Experience

Fans
Posted by: Edward
April 02, 2010, 01:10 PM

A new video has been posted on the Ellen DeGeneres Show website, featuring more of the talk show host's visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction.  As we've been reporting, two episodes were recently taped at the Universal Resort, and started airing across the country in syndication.  This new video, six minutes in length, takes us through Ellen's tour of the part where she experiences the many elements of the theme park care of two young tour guides.  Video of the Hogwarts Express, Butterbeer carts, Owlry, Dumbledore's Office, Ollivander's, and much more.  Watch below!

The first episode showcasing Ellen's Wizarding World of Harry Potter is set to air today; any readers with the ability to capture the video, please do send it in to staff@leakynew.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Emma_watson_yt_icon_thumb

Oh i wish i could go tehre right now, its not fair they got to see it first :( and they weren’t even at all the slightest bit enthusiastic.. :/ I love Ellen to bits, but please don’t sweep Dumbledore’s desk :( And it’s true they weren’t born when Harry Potter came out… and it’s the effects and all the detail to the actual places from the films that get me excited besides the whole fact, that you can actually go to Hogwarts and Hogsmeade!?

Posted by spikester93 on April 02, 2010, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

OMG! Some random kid go to see our park first! >.<

Posted by Mr. Brightside on April 02, 2010, 04:33 PM report to moderator

I really wanna go but i’m afraid it’s just going to be a lotta stuff to buy and not much else….

Posted by Snapeluvva on April 02, 2010, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

it wasn’t that great. How did they think that cotton candy was Amortentia?? Ahh well…. Still I would have had a geek attack!!!

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on April 02, 2010, 04:46 PM report to moderator
20261_1274074097358_1395090330_30880094_3910781_n_thumb

I’m excited about all of the effects and such, not about going to Hogwarts and Hogsmeade, because this is really a theme park first, so lots of merchandise and line queues and such, and a faithful recreation second. I think one of my biggest gripes with the merchandise is that it all has “Harry Potter” written on it. If you went to the “real” Hogsmeade, the products wouldn’t have Harry’s name on them. I’m still extremely excited to go though, and I’m definitely glad that we are getting what we are.

Posted by Egor on April 02, 2010, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Watching this tonight :D
If I was there when she did that ‘spell’ to remove their memories, I would’ve been like “Actually, it’s pronounced Obliviate.”

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on April 02, 2010, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

I agree… It irks me so much when they put “Harry Potter” on everything…

I really want them to sell Luna’s raddish earrings!!!! That is the main thing that I will buy. That, a wand, and something Ravenclaw!!! :)

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on April 02, 2010, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

I just saw the clip on ellen. It was way too short, too much ellen and way too little of Hogsmead.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on April 02, 2010, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I agree with all of you. Ellen is great, but not here. She ruined it by acting stupid,and not showing true Harry Potter fans the awe of it all.It’s going to be amazing for us,so don’t think of her being the only way to see it,thank goodness.I wouldn’t go.I’m sure the boys if allowed,would have acted more excited.For us it will be sacred ground when we are there. Woo Hoo! Can’t wait to see you all there! :)

Posted by Dlcohm7 on April 02, 2010, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Sorry for posting again but I’m so buying a wand (either my own, or if it’s cheaper I’ll just buy the replica of Harry’s) a Gryffindor scarf, and a nice glass of butterbeer. Oh yes! :D

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 02, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Img_0649_thumb

I feel extremely old saying this…. but reading what you guys wrote it is the truth that the big Harry Potter fans aren’t exactly “kids anymore”. More like 16-24 years old…. I’m the same age as Emma and Dan for gods sake! I like it for contests when they do different age ranges, for something like Harry Potter it is a lot more fair. Cause you know we have the parents who got into it through their kids, to 12 year olds whose siblings love for it rubbed off on them growing up, lol. The park does look amazing though. I see their keeping the image up of Beauxons being an all girl school. Does this mean there will be a bunch of Durmstrang boys whipping and pounding sticks around.

@ Phoniexes are Ravenclaws too, I saw a pair of Radish earrings towards the end of the Exbinition’s run in Boston for sale.

Posted by The10thWeasley*ROAR* on April 02, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That is so awesome! I watched the whole Ellen show today and those 2 kids are so lucky!!!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on April 02, 2010, 07:01 PM report to moderator
N1081704126_19359_1414_thumb

I just got home and I’m going through all the posts and my wife just reminded me that I recorded all of the Ellens at Universal! SCORE!

Hope to see all of you at the grand opening, I’ll be the one in the Harry Potter T-shirt…LOL

Posted by Runwild101 (Robby) on April 02, 2010, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

such an awesome experience
wish i was young enough to go to the park with ellen

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 02, 2010, 07:46 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

I thought there would be more on the actual show…dissapointed :(
Still, really excited to go there for myself :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on April 02, 2010, 08:02 PM report to moderator

Hagrid seized his umbrella and whirled it over his head, "NEVER --" he thundered, "-- INSULT -- ALBUS -- DUMBLEDORE -- IN -- FRONT -- OF -- ME!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014