Putting Leaky Back into the Cauldron

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
April 02, 2010, 02:40 AM

As it's now April 2nd, we should probably come clean: As awesome as Glee is, we could never abandon that bespectacled boy wizard named Harry Potter and are still very much hosting LeakyCon 2011 in Orlando, Florida from July 13-17.  April Fools' Day is Leaky's traditional outlet for a day of well-mannered frivolity and, this year, Glee offered us the perfect soundtrack for the occasion.

April Fools' Day may be over, but Glee fans need not be disappointed: the site is here to stay.  The spoof has become the real Glee fan site, GleeCast.net.  Glee returns to the air April 13th, and the site will be frequently updated with features as that day approaches.

All of Leaky's events are the collaborative effort of a massive team of the most talented and dedicated people on the web.  April Fools' 2010 is no exception.  Please join me in thanking:

John Noe and Nick Poulden, for creating and programming our GleekyNews.com page; Alex Robbin, for his technical contributions in creating GleekyCon.com; our Leaky Lounge Tech Admin Rudi Gerber, for turning our traditional Harry Potter Common Room into a Glee Classroom; and Mods Sandara, Abbey, and all those who took vigilant watch over the GleekyLounge today.

Creating a new genre of music would not have been possible without help from the Ministry of Magic's Luke Conard and the Parselmouths' Kristina Horner, who, together, form ALLCAPS; Matt Maggiacomo from the Whomping Willows; and Alex Carpenter from the Remus Lupins.  Many, many thanks to you all!

Thanks also to Mr. Eastham's twelfth period band class at Buckeye Valley High School and Gleeky Girls Emily Edwards, Hannah Brooks, Rachel Spain and Christine Kimble.

Last but certainly not least today would not have been possible had it not been for two people: Jordan Edwards and Devan Kestel.  This awesome duo first conceived the idea of GleekyCon and helped design, edit, reedit, resize, upload, write, code, compose, film, debug, render, photoshop, and bring this event to life in innumerable and extraordinary ways.

Jordan works as the Lead Graphic Designer for LeakyCon 2011's Media and Communications Team, while Devan is its Lead Technical Guru.  Their work ethic is second to none and-- let me tell you-- if you liked what you saw today, just you wait till you see what they have in store for you for LeakyCon 2011.  It is a true honor to call these two people my colleagues here at Leaky.

Time now for a steaming hot Triple Plenta Non-Fat Capp from Starbucks, for the real LeakyCon 2011 updates are on their way; stay close Leaky and LeakyCon.com for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Picture4_052_thumb

This was my favourite prank you guys have ever done. So funny! And so much effort! Well done!!!

AND you guys got featured on HuffingtonPost and are ranked #2 of the best pranks of the year!!!!!

Posted by joelface on April 02, 2010, 06:34 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

i forgot it was april fools yesterday (as usual) and it really scared me. then i realised, i laughed, and then it started 2 piss me off. glad leaky’s back and normal

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 02, 2010, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

I completely freaked out. LOL! But then I looked at my calendar and noticed.

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 02, 2010, 06:51 AM report to moderator

You definitely got me, too! But it is STILL showing up when I hit my favorites :(

Posted by Dawna on April 02, 2010, 07:26 AM report to moderator

Great prank! And I’m so happy it’s a real site!!! I LOVE Glee.

Posted by coolbeans3131 on April 02, 2010, 08:06 AM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

Thank you to everyone who put so much work into the Gleeky fun yesterday! I always look forward to April Fool’s Day at Leaky because the effort put into the pranks is consistently amazing. And I’m excited to hear that you really are doing a Glee site; I’ll definitely be visiting often. Thanks again!

Posted by Bookworm Jen on April 02, 2010, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Green_sea_turtle_thumb

Thank you to everybody who made the Gleesite! It was funny. Fred and George will be proud of it. Everyone is very clever :-)

However, I’m happy to have Leaky back to stay. Don’t stop believing :-)

Posted by Butterfly Boy on April 02, 2010, 08:50 AM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

I miss you Leaky! It was all good fun to find GleekyCon 2011 all over this site! No wonder why I was having trouble accessing MyLeaky!

Posted by sakuranbo07 on April 02, 2010, 09:20 AM report to moderator
Mr

Glee is truly awful. Glad I missed the ‘joke’.

Posted by Mr. Stratford on April 02, 2010, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Normal_hbpnycprem5_thumb

What were the prank you pulled last year? Seem to recall it was something good then too.

Posted by silver_lining on April 02, 2010, 09:41 AM report to moderator
C58fa320cc8111e280a722000a9e28dc_7_thumb

I had a feeling it was a prank. but i still freaked out! thank goodness you guys are back.

Posted by jammjcpotter on April 02, 2010, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Puff_thumb

Jordan and Devan rock my world. You guys contributed SO MUCH to this great event!!! Also Edward… you rock my world!

Posted by KimmyBlair on April 02, 2010, 09:57 AM report to moderator

LOL finally! :) good to see the hole in the cauldron back! x) but shu vs. sue was hilarious! can’t wait for Glee!!

Posted by on April 02, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Llamaflyiong_thumb

I love the tradition of HP sites participating in April Fool’s Day, it certaily gave me a good laugh and made the day that little bit better! I came on here yesterday looking specifically for the joke and, as always, I was not disappointed! Of course, as awesome as Glee is, it is great to have leaky back to normal. :-)

Posted by lurking_llama on April 02, 2010, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Sea-otter_thumb

lol it was really creative and a great combination of entertainment. Not sure if Glee has been around long enough yet to be as epic as HP though ;o)

Posted by BookNookKara on April 02, 2010, 10:34 AM report to moderator

Marauder's Map: [i]"Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor."[/i]