Putting Leaky Back into the Cauldron

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
April 02, 2010, 02:40 AM

As it's now April 2nd, we should probably come clean: As awesome as Glee is, we could never abandon that bespectacled boy wizard named Harry Potter and are still very much hosting LeakyCon 2011 in Orlando, Florida from July 13-17.  April Fools' Day is Leaky's traditional outlet for a day of well-mannered frivolity and, this year, Glee offered us the perfect soundtrack for the occasion.

April Fools' Day may be over, but Glee fans need not be disappointed: the site is here to stay.  The spoof has become the real Glee fan site, GleeCast.net.  Glee returns to the air April 13th, and the site will be frequently updated with features as that day approaches.

All of Leaky's events are the collaborative effort of a massive team of the most talented and dedicated people on the web.  April Fools' 2010 is no exception.  Please join me in thanking:

John Noe and Nick Poulden, for creating and programming our GleekyNews.com page; Alex Robbin, for his technical contributions in creating GleekyCon.com; our Leaky Lounge Tech Admin Rudi Gerber, for turning our traditional Harry Potter Common Room into a Glee Classroom; and Mods Sandara, Abbey, and all those who took vigilant watch over the GleekyLounge today.

Creating a new genre of music would not have been possible without help from the Ministry of Magic's Luke Conard and the Parselmouths' Kristina Horner, who, together, form ALLCAPS; Matt Maggiacomo from the Whomping Willows; and Alex Carpenter from the Remus Lupins.  Many, many thanks to you all!

Thanks also to Mr. Eastham's twelfth period band class at Buckeye Valley High School and Gleeky Girls Emily Edwards, Hannah Brooks, Rachel Spain and Christine Kimble.

Last but certainly not least today would not have been possible had it not been for two people: Jordan Edwards and Devan Kestel.  This awesome duo first conceived the idea of GleekyCon and helped design, edit, reedit, resize, upload, write, code, compose, film, debug, render, photoshop, and bring this event to life in innumerable and extraordinary ways.

Jordan works as the Lead Graphic Designer for LeakyCon 2011's Media and Communications Team, while Devan is its Lead Technical Guru.  Their work ethic is second to none and-- let me tell you-- if you liked what you saw today, just you wait till you see what they have in store for you for LeakyCon 2011.  It is a true honor to call these two people my colleagues here at Leaky.

Time now for a steaming hot Triple Plenta Non-Fat Capp from Starbucks, for the real LeakyCon 2011 updates are on their way; stay close Leaky and LeakyCon.com for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Hpdh_thumb

i thought it looked super legit but its no leakymug

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 02, 2010, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

OMG! This was the best/worst April Fools day ever!

I thought my life was ruined when HPFF turned into a “family site” I almost cried. MuggleNet really ticked me off with the five fake news post. JKR’s pen and priority really set me off. :P I was so confused with Gleeky :P

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on April 02, 2010, 10:37 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

that was hilarious! nice job leaky!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 02, 2010, 10:54 AM report to moderator

I’d just like to give a BIG THANKS to everyone who helped pull this off, particularly to Edward who forgot to thank himself in the post! It was so much fun to work on this prank, and I hope that everyone will enjoy the stuff we have in store for LeakyCon 2011 even more than they did “GleekyCon”. LOL.

Posted by GreenLightening on April 02, 2010, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

that scared me so much yesterday

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 02, 2010, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

that scared me so much yesterday

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 02, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I loved the Gleeky site yesterday! Perfect April Fools joke! I hit Leaky first thing in the morning to see what you were doing this year.

Are Jordan and Devan in Ravenclaw? The bright yellow made me think of the Lovegoods, and Ravenclaw’s blue and yellow.

And I’m with CatAlly – I’d love to see the April Fools pranks from past years again.

Anyway – thanks for the great laugh, and for the salute to Glee, which I love!

Posted by Agrippa1 on April 02, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator

Well I for one didn’t think it was very funny AT ALL! Shooting someone in the head would have been funnier! :(

Posted by NutsAboutHarry on April 02, 2010, 11:33 AM report to moderator
W213691359_thumb

OMGOSH I WAS TOTALLY FREAKED OUT I WAS IN PANICK I CALLED MY FRIEND ASKING WHAT WAS GOING ON I WAS SOOO SCARED I WOULD NOT SEE LEAKY ANYMORE!!!! anyway it was a nice prank it’s de first time i got fooled in april fool’s day~nice one~

Posted by Pansysbella on April 02, 2010, 11:44 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Well I thought it was siriusly funny. A huge standing o to everyone that worked on Gleeky, it was just awesome. I think I’m a tekkie genius if I can manage to connect to the internet. So, thanks you guys for a great prank that would be worthy of Fred and George.

Posted by Moose_Starr on April 02, 2010, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Whoa that was scary for a second……………If Leaky was gone then my whole connection to the Harry Potter world would be gone! I can’t live without Harry Potter, my life depends on it! Though……..that was a great pranks. Scared the living daylights out of me.

74123_141617022553882_107847329264185_201379_264575_n_thumb

i thought i was imagining something. i am so happy it is back to normal, but i do like glee.

Posted by Ballycastle Bats fan on April 02, 2010, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

Last year I was freaking out over “hooter” and was so mad that Leaky changed their format because I couldn’t figure it out. I never did know it was an April Fool’s joke until about September when the past April Fool’s jokes on the podcast. I was prepared this year and literally laughed out loud when I got to my homepage… :)

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on April 02, 2010, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I’m soo happy Leaky is back!!!!! :D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on April 02, 2010, 01:13 PM report to moderator

Very good! But I was ready to call my internet service provider and raise the roof! hahaha! Whew!

Posted by debspurg on April 02, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You do not seek to kill me, Dumbledore?" called Voldemort, his scarlet eyes narrowed over the top of the shield. "Above such brutality, are you?"