WB Plans for Permanent UK Studio at Leavesden; Public Harry Potter Sets Attraction Approved

Movies
Posted by: Edward
April 22, 2010, 10:24 PM

As readers will recall, potential plans for a permeant UK film base and Harry Potter visitor attraction at Leavesden Studios, the home-base for the production of the Harry Potter films, has been in the news as proposals passed through city council boards.  News has come today courtesy of the Wadford Observer that plans for the expansion have been approved by the Three Rivers District Council’s development control committee.  The paper reports:

Warner Brothers, which has brought world-wide fame to the former aerodrome complex with its Harry Potter franchise, can now begin a programme of redevelopment worth an estimated £100million – creating hundreds of jobs and providing a boost to the local economy.
The company, which will now purchase the site outright and use it as its European filming base, will build new film stages, production and administration facilities.
It will also open a Harry Potter themed visitor attraction to cater for up to 5,000 visitors a day.
The site, set to open in 2012, will "offer tours of old Harry Potter film sets when production on the franchise comes to a conclusion later in the year."

Many thanks to Jodi for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

That’s really cool! And for whoever did the post…. Permanent isn’t spelled permeant.

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on April 24, 2010, 08:55 AM report to moderator

That’s fab, i wont have to save up to go to the USA (which would have took years) just to see a glimpse of Potter World.I can be precisely where they filmed it.

Posted by azna70 on April 24, 2010, 11:39 AM report to moderator
4fb8_1__thumb

It can’t come soon enough :)

Posted by GryffindorGirl115 {ROAR!} on April 24, 2010, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

Awesome! It’s easier to get to Britain than the US.

Posted by DarthWeetzie on April 24, 2010, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Excellent!! Next time I go to England I am definitely going to that!!!! I am, I am I AM!! :D

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on April 24, 2010, 03:41 PM report to moderator

Way to go WB you are using you head in the right way and spending some of the money you have made off HP in a good and noble way. Thanks WB

Posted by HGROSS44 on April 24, 2010, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

Need to add this on my list of things to do when touring the UK.

Posted by SigmaKnight on April 24, 2010, 10:35 PM report to moderator
Photo_on_2010-04-01_at_17

Great! Would love to visit.

Posted by christie on April 24, 2010, 10:50 PM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

Darn, I was planning a trip to England later this year and was hoping I could see it but looks like I’m a couple of years too early.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on April 25, 2010, 01:10 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-05-21_at_12

AWESOME!!!!!

I hope I can go soon! :D

Posted by emmawatsonfan13 on April 25, 2010, 09:09 AM report to moderator
S5001102_thumb

Wicked! Cant wait to go there – obviously take the kids so it looks them its them that want to go?!?!?

Posted by finley on April 25, 2010, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Trio_walking_icon_thumb

YES! I was hoping they would do this and wouldn’t get rid of everything! YES! The REAL sets on display! This is great for all of us who weren’t lucky enough to get to visit the sets during filming! I’m so glad that I’ll still have a chance to see the real sets!

Posted by Peverell62442 on April 26, 2010, 01:34 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I heard y’all talking about this on Pottercast, and it is such great news! I hope to get over that pond someday and check it out. What a dream!

Posted by Smitch on April 26, 2010, 10:33 AM report to moderator

I would take a surprise trip to site to see it. It is my dream!

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on April 26, 2010, 06:24 PM report to moderator

Awesome! I had always hoped that they would do that.

Posted by anne1 on April 28, 2010, 03:33 AM report to moderator

"Shut up, Ron," said Hermione angrily. "How many times have you suspected Snape, and when have you [i]ever[/i] been right? Dumbledore trusts him, he works for the Order, that ought to be enough."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014