"Deathly Hallows: Part I" Composer Alexandre Desplat Among Cannes Film Festival Jury Members

Composers
Posted by: Edward
April 25, 2010, 03:12 PM

According to an update on the official website of Alexandre Desplat, the composer for the forthcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" film, will be among the jury members for the 63rd Cannes Film Festival.  Sitting on the Feature Film Jury lead by director Tim Burton, Mr. Desplat will be joined by such other names as actor Benicio del Toro, actress Kate Beckinsale, director Shekhar Kapur, and screenwriter Emmanuel Carrere.  The Cannes Film Festival takes place each May in Cannes, France and presents a selection of the finest feature films, shorts, and documentaries from across the world.  The 63rd Annual Cannes Film Festival will take place from May 12-23, 2010.

Thanks to UHP!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Composers News

Here’s hoping that John Williams will finish the series and do DH2!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on April 26, 2010, 12:19 AM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

Went back and listened to a lot of his stuff today and it was…. disappointing. He really needs to step it up for DH1; and Williams needs to be back for DH2.

Posted by SigmaKnight on April 26, 2010, 01:11 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

I hope he does a good score, I’m almost certain he will. I still want John Williams back for Part 2 (but that’s really likely now- if they can hire him for that theme park ride they can surely hire him for Part 2)

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 26, 2010, 03:51 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I still wish John Towner williams would composing the score for Deathly Hallows, but imho Alexandre Desplats compositions sounds also very well.

Posted by Dirk Cresswell on April 26, 2010, 07:05 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

Tim Burton!!! i <3 Tim Burton!!!

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 26, 2010, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

This guy better do well. Deathly Hallows should be fantatstic

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 26, 2010, 09:19 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Prestige!

Posted by Smitch on April 26, 2010, 10:25 AM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

I LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVE Desplat! He’s perfect! Benjamin Button, Hostage, Golden Compass, New Moon, The Queen… ALL perfect!
Looking forward to Deathly Hallows I Score! I really hope he does the second as well!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on April 26, 2010, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

I looked up Alexandre’s music, and he seems to like slow, emotional music, which when you think about it is great for DH Part 1. :) Looking forward to hearing his score.

I don’t think he would be able to score Part 2 as well though ( he doesn’t seem used to composing for “non-stop carnage”) so John Williams should return for that.
If John came back and mixed all his old HP music together with other songs from after PoA (maybe “Fireworks” from OotP) EVERYONE would be in bits by the end of DH 2!!

Something like this would be nice:

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 26, 2010, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I hope John Willilams returns for the final film. WB if your reading this please listen to the fans<3

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 26, 2010, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

oh joy

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 26, 2010, 12:36 PM report to moderator

NEAT! he was the composer for New Moon as well, and it was beautiful. He’ll do great for DH :)

Posted by emdash84 on April 27, 2010, 11:26 AM report to moderator

no! i want williams lol

Posted by Matt on April 27, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator

no! i want williams lol

Posted by Matt on April 27, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

I really just want DH to be amazing, I don’t know if this guy can do it, but we’ll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed for getting John Williams back for the end, though. :)

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on April 28, 2010, 02:11 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014