PotterCast 219: Potter Park Preview

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
April 25, 2010, 04:53 PM

The 219th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is now online with a special extended preview of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando Resorts.  Our own Melissa Anelli was recently on site for a special preview, and can now dish on the many details about the forthcoming Potter theme park, set to have its grand opening on June 18.  In this special report, Melissa takes us through the many elements of the park, its rides, and attractions, as well as its many shops, sights, and scrumptious food and drink options.  From the Forbidden Journey ride to Butterbeer at the park, this preview will offer up an abundance of information about the expansive Harry Potter attraction.  We also take questions from the Livestream audience and give a few tidbits of information about our upcoming conference, LeakyCon 2011, which will take place at Universal Orlando Resort in July of 2011.

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.

To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Potter Park Preview"
  • We're going to get to the Butterbeer... we're going to get to it often.
  • Hogwarts is out the window!!
  • The Forbidden Journey Ride.
  • Inside Hogwarts.
  • The technology of the rides.
  • An explosion of LeakyCon ideas.
Running Time: 77:18
Producer: John Noe

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!! UNTIL JUNE!!! lol

Posted by Mistic Willow on April 26, 2010, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cooool

Posted by MaggieNoise on April 26, 2010, 09:19 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

wow thats cool!!!!!

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on April 26, 2010, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I can’t wait to listen to this episode. It seriously makes my life! Nice informative blurb on it :)

Posted by Smitch on April 26, 2010, 10:24 AM report to moderator
91276076-92c0d0bb89d5acf6cf757ac328660480

listening to it now (Y)

Posted by Mischief_Managed *Roar* on April 26, 2010, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

hooray for getting to be live for this one

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 26, 2010, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

O.o I have two 219 episodes on i tunes. One has a 1.30 duration while the other lasts 1.17. What is going on…?

Posted by Mr. Brightside on April 26, 2010, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awesome, thanks!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 26, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

this is so awesome.,.,.,hahaha

Posted by tjerriam on April 26, 2010, 11:25 PM report to moderator
N1084746992_30277241_780_thumb

The video version download from iTunes isn’t working for me either. I get as far as getting through the download part, but it fails while “processing the file”.

Posted by Hugonauts - Jared Miller on April 28, 2010, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I still didn’t get to listen to you, Pottercast 219. Sob!

Posted by Smitch on April 28, 2010, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I listened to this at work today. MULTIPLE TIMES. The thing about Harry, Ron and Hermione had me freaking out a little bit, in a very good way. I was grinning the whole time, my co-workers must have though I was insane but I don’t even care because OMG the Park is going to be AMAZING! Thank you so much Melissa for sharing your experience with us!

Begins plotting how to get down to Florida from Northern Ontario

Posted by violet_light_ on April 28, 2010, 11:19 PM report to moderator

I love pottercast

Posted by Mew5645 on April 29, 2010, 07:35 PM report to moderator

I love pottercast

Posted by Mew5645 on April 29, 2010, 07:35 PM report to moderator

219 isn’t on the feed any more, they must either be fixing the vid one or something.

Posted by CatAlly on May 01, 2010, 02:00 AM report to moderator

"And [i]you[/i]?" said Uncle Vernon viciously to Harry.[br]"I'll be in my room, making no noise and pretending I'm not there," said Harry dully."[br]"Precisely."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014