Rupert Grint on "Deathly Hallows" and "Cherrybomb" Films in New Interviews

Grint Interviews
Posted by: Edward
April 03, 2010, 08:50 PM

Actor Rupert Grint has been making the rounds in recent days, promoting his forthcoming film, "Cherrybomb."  During a number of interviews, the Ron Weasley actor spoke regarding the long anticipated Silver Doe scene from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."  Speaking to Total Film Magazine, he said briefly makes mention of scene, saying, "There's always hours of waiting about when you're filming and on the last film we did a lot of outdoor scenes at a pond last February which was freezing. I hate getting my face wet and we had to change out there, too. Those were hours of pain and darkness."

Mr. Grint continued, speaking in regards to finishing filming the series, by saying, "I think as the years have passed, Ron and I have blended into one person. It's weird because the final filming day is coming up and I'll have to say goodbye to him. I'm ready to move on--I'm looking forward to seeing what else is out there." The subject of filming for "Deathly Hallows" was breeched again in a video interview with ITN, where Rupert Grint confirmed that filming is set to wrap in June, and spoke more of his relationships with his fellow "Potter" costars.

Moving on to the subject of "Cherrybomb," Mr. Grint made comments about the adjustment period he faced when first working on this new and more mature project, as well as the "culture shock" he faced "doing a lower budget film."  The full interview can be viewed right here, while scans of the April 2010 issue of Total Film are available via our Image Galleries.

"Cherrybomb" is set to be released in theaters on April 23.

Many thanks to our Order partner, RupertGrint.net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint Interviews News

Hpdh_thumb

Rupe’s living large now

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 03, 2010, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Tulips_thumb

It’ll be interesting to see him in a “mature” film, but I don’t know if I’ll ever stop thinking of him as Ron Weasley.

Posted by Flaming Phoenix on April 03, 2010, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Image

cool. but i dont want it to end

Posted by magicmaniac on April 03, 2010, 10:32 PM report to moderator

It’s interesting to hear what they’ve filmed and reactions to it… i love the behind the scenes stuff… so sad it’s ending!

Posted by hermione06 on April 03, 2010, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

You will always be Ron Weasley to us, Rupert.

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on April 03, 2010, 10:38 PM report to moderator

So that means that the silver doe scene is in the 2nd movie? I thought they would end the first one with that.

Posted by entoptic on April 03, 2010, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

‘hours of pain and darkness’ – can’t wait to see how it all comes out on film! btw, subjects are broached, not breeched… :)

Posted by rosepug on April 03, 2010, 11:31 PM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Yeah, I can imagine any projects he works on from now on will definitely be lower budget than HP. But it sounds like he’s got his head on pretty straight & is just enjoying pursuing his career. Good interview comments.

Posted by vespasian68967 on April 03, 2010, 11:40 PM report to moderator
May12003_thumb

he’s been in a mature film driving lessons, it actaully was pretty good, and was funny becuase the lead actress in the movie plays his mom in the harry potter movies, and in this she was pretty good as well

Posted by potterball on April 04, 2010, 12:29 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

I hate all these sentimental talks. I’m trying to stay away from that inevitable fact and reading/hearing about it is just making me want to crawl into a hole and die.

Love you anyway, Rupert.

Posted by accioangela on April 04, 2010, 01:57 AM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

It’s been a great run for all the actors. I want to see them in other roles as well like I’ve seen several of the older actors from the series.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on April 04, 2010, 02:20 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I’m sad and happy that it’s going to be over. Sad, of course because its the end of the series in the films, but happy because now we’ll see if any of the young stars will continue acting and to see them in different roles. I’m excited to see him in “CherryBomb”!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on April 04, 2010, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

No matter what he does he’ll always be Ron to me.

Posted by LunaLuver on April 04, 2010, 03:36 AM report to moderator

He and Ron will somehow always be the same to many of us. Will always picture Ron as Rupert when rereading the series.
Can only wish him the best of luck in all his future roles.

Posted by hewy on April 04, 2010, 05:11 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

OMG, only 2 months left?!! I need my Easter chocolate now, that’s just so depressing!
On the bright side, we can expect some amazing behind the scenes stuff on the DVD (if a little heartbreaking).

No matter what happens to them, Dan, Rupert and Emma will always be Harry, Ron and Hermione to me.

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 04, 2010, 05:15 AM report to moderator

"Longbottom, kindly do [i]not[/i] reveal that you can't even perform a simple Switching Spell in front of anyone from Durmstrang!" Professor McGonagall barked at the end of one particularly difficult lesson, during which Neville had accidentally transplan