Dan Radcliffe Prepares for Role in "How to Succeed In Business..." Musical Remake

Radcliffe
Posted by: Edward
April 30, 2010, 02:04 PM

The Daily Mail has a report online which notes that actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is currently undergoing daily singing lessons and frequent dance lessons in preparation for his upcoming role in the remake of the 1960s musical "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying."  The show's director, Rob Ashford, comments that:

"[Dan's] singing every day with a vocal coach in London and I've got my assistant putting him through his dance paces every other day. I'm covering all bases with Daniel - and he's delivering."
The article goes on to note:
Rose Hemingway, who has been cast opposite Daniel as his stage girlfriend Rosemary Pilkington, told me she did her audition with Daniel.
'He's been doing a lot of work and he's going to surprise people. He's not afraid to learn how to do things,' the 26-year-old actress from Philadelphia said.
Rehearsals for  "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" are set to begin in February.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Merope_thumb

ooooooo this will be cool(:

Posted by Elyssia Riddle x on April 30, 2010, 02:46 PM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

Oh My God! That’s weird… but still, it’s freaking awesome!

SECOND!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on April 30, 2010, 03:03 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

DAN IS…SINGING?? somehow i cant picture that…it just seems…odd.
but, who knows, maybe hes awesome?
somebody go to that and then report back to leaky. ready? BREAK!

also, i have never seen the photo that is with this story before (which is quite weird b/c it looks like it is from goblet! woah!) but it is really really cool. i like the “potter” bit.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on April 30, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

i love the title of the musical :D haha it sounds like it would be a funny show :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on April 30, 2010, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Sounds good! I really want to see it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 30, 2010, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Sounds good! I really want to see it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 30, 2010, 04:13 PM report to moderator
553520_488880994466250_43107597_n_thumb

Haha! I can’t really imagine him singing and dancing, but guess it will grow on me… I do really want to go and see that when it comes up, it sounds cool!

Posted by Asria (DreamLight208) on April 30, 2010, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

id like to see it

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on April 30, 2010, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

I would love to see this!

Posted by AvanelleWood on April 30, 2010, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

You can hear his singing in this video:

All I can say is- lol! But I love him. :P

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on April 30, 2010, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Good going, Dan. He deserves a pat on the back for trying new things!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 30, 2010, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

Dan. Dancing. <33333

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on April 30, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Singing and Dancing, this should be fun to watch. I can’t wait to actually see how Dan actually sounds singing.

Upclose_of_me_thumb

I actually think that Dan is good singer… I have never heard him sing, but some reason, he seems like he would be good. lol

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on April 30, 2010, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

Really attempting to become a diverse actor. And I like how he’s breaking it his screen time by doing Broadway so that people could at least attempt to detach themselves from thinking Harry Potter every time they see him.

Posted by SigmaKnight on April 30, 2010, 06:16 PM report to moderator

"Potter and Chang!" screeched Pansy Parkinson to a chorus of snide giggles. "Urgh, Chang, I don't think much of your taste... At least Diggory was good-looking!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014