Alan Rickman Finishes "Deathly Hallows" Filming

Rickman Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
April 09, 2010, 07:02 PM

Thanks to Snitch Seeker we can tell you about a recent interview with Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) in which it is confirmed that Rickman has completed filming for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." The International Herald Tribune interviewed actor and director Alan Rickman about bringing Creditors to New York City's Brooklyn Academy of Music after a two year break since the play's original London run. Rickman's role in the Harry Potter films is mentioned briefly:

Mr. Rickman, who is known mostly as an actor despite several acclaimed turns as a film and theatre director, was less eager to discuss his own career. Not that it is bereft of interesting developments. The day before, for example, Mr. Rickman, 64, had just finished filming the final "Harry Potter" movie. His portrayal of the slithery and surprising Severus Snape has brought him fame as never before, making him into one of the world's most celebrated movie villains, a thrilling antihero to the Potter-mad masses. But in his own mind Mr. Rickman had merely jumped form one intense experience to another, and he was thoroughly focused on "Creditors."
Snitch Seeker has scans of the full interview in their galleries, including a new photo of Rickman directing Creditors. The play opens on the 16th of April at the Brooklyn Academy of Music; as we previously told you, Rickman will take part in a pre-performance Artist Talk at BAM's Harvey Theatre on the 27th of April at 6pm. Tickets to the 45 minute Artist Talk cost $10 and can be purchased at this link.

Many thanks again to Snitch Seeker for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rickman Interviews News

I agree with Caracticus about the Oscars. Once DH2 is out, it will be time for the Academy to start paying a little recognition to the quality of acting that has graced this series as well as the dedication and commitment that all of the actors put forth to ensure continuity in what will undoubtedly be a lasting legacy in the phenomenon that is HP.

And… breathe. :)

Posted by Jillxoxo on April 10, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
15657683_thumb

Oh God.

I’m shaking. I can’t bring myself to get accustomed to the fact that it’s coming to an end, an end which is very, very close. Aww.

Posted by Cellar Door [*SQUEE!*] on April 10, 2010, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

Thank you Mr. Rickman for all your work on stage and in film. I’ve enjoyed many of your characters over the years.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on April 10, 2010, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I hope his closing performance as Snape is absolutely superb.

Posted by Kirk on April 10, 2010, 06:30 PM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

This makes me so sad… I don’t want it to end. Thanks Alan Rickman for being an amazing Snape! You rock!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on April 10, 2010, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Tdh_thumb

Thank you Alan Rickman!!!! You were the best Snape ever!

Posted by GinnyWeasley1 on April 10, 2010, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Fantasyart01_thumb

R.I.P Snape :) my favourite character after reading the Prince’s tale .

Posted by Sasha on April 10, 2010, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Alan Rickman was exactly what I wanted Professor Snape to be like in the movies. Frm the first scenes to the last, Rickman played Snape in a masterful way.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on April 10, 2010, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_myspace_thumb

:( I wasn’t expecting to see this, how sad. I imagine for me it’s going to be the hardest part to watch seeing Snape’s demise. But on a brighter note “Snow Cake” and “Something The Lord Made” were two excellent movies that I probably would not have seen had it not been for Alan’s portrayal as Snape.

Posted by petoola on April 10, 2010, 11:49 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

NNOOOOoooooo!!! This just cannot be!! We need more Severus Snape/Alan Rickman!!!

Make a movie or book all about him? :) Please? :D

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on April 11, 2010, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Harry_hermione-pg-horizontal_thumb

he’s going to be great in movie.can’t wait to see

Posted by nsa (ROAR) on April 11, 2010, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

I LOVE that guy.

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on April 11, 2010, 08:11 AM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

I LOVE that guy.

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on April 11, 2010, 08:11 AM report to moderator

Wow, I can’t believe he’s done. A little over a year and the final movie will be out. Thanks Rickman for the beautiful portrayal of Snape.

Posted by Taryn St.John on April 11, 2010, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Aww!!!!! He was such an amazing Snape….I can’t believe this whole thing is coming to an end <3

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 11, 2010, 11:23 AM report to moderator

"The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.... Professor Trelawney, bless her, is living proof of that...."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014