Alan Rickman Finishes "Deathly Hallows" Filming

Rickman Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
April 09, 2010, 07:02 PM

Thanks to Snitch Seeker we can tell you about a recent interview with Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) in which it is confirmed that Rickman has completed filming for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." The International Herald Tribune interviewed actor and director Alan Rickman about bringing Creditors to New York City's Brooklyn Academy of Music after a two year break since the play's original London run. Rickman's role in the Harry Potter films is mentioned briefly:

Mr. Rickman, who is known mostly as an actor despite several acclaimed turns as a film and theatre director, was less eager to discuss his own career. Not that it is bereft of interesting developments. The day before, for example, Mr. Rickman, 64, had just finished filming the final "Harry Potter" movie. His portrayal of the slithery and surprising Severus Snape has brought him fame as never before, making him into one of the world's most celebrated movie villains, a thrilling antihero to the Potter-mad masses. But in his own mind Mr. Rickman had merely jumped form one intense experience to another, and he was thoroughly focused on "Creditors."
Snitch Seeker has scans of the full interview in their galleries, including a new photo of Rickman directing Creditors. The play opens on the 16th of April at the Brooklyn Academy of Music; as we previously told you, Rickman will take part in a pre-performance Artist Talk at BAM's Harvey Theatre on the 27th of April at 6pm. Tickets to the 45 minute Artist Talk cost $10 and can be purchased at this link.

Many thanks again to Snitch Seeker for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Rickman Interviews News

User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

I already cryed about this, and I’m thinking coming back to the page and reading all the comments was not a smart idea on my part.I’m crying again.Awww.i agree with you all by the way.I hope Alan Rickman realizes what an impact he’s had on us, ont eh films,a dn in history, he brought sooo much to the series and we love him so much.He’s so talented. >Is not thinking about “the end” no no no no no I can’t think about it<

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on April 11, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Alan Rickman, you have been an amazing Severus Snape! Thank you for portraying such a complicated character so well.

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 11, 2010, 02:24 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I wish I could see him on scene, in theater! It would have been great! I’m sure he is even better on scene than in movies.
Snape is one of my all times favourite character!
And I agree with everybody… it’s so sad that the series come to its end… but we have to deal with this fact somehow(((

Posted by Pollytomat on April 11, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator

Alan Rickman portrayed my favorite Harry Potter character so well that I am deeply saddened to hear that he is done filming. He has had such an impact on my life, and I can’ thank him enough for being such an awesome Snape.

Posted by elaphantluv34 on April 11, 2010, 03:51 PM report to moderator

It would be really exciting to hear his pre-performance talk and see the show he directed. it’s interesting to see other works actors do

Posted by gingerr_kat on April 11, 2010, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

I can’t believe it! No more Alan Rickman! He is one of my all time FAVORITE actors! I am going to go up to my bedroom and lock myself up until the movie comes out. I am going to miss you Snape/Alan!

Posted by Dreamer on April 11, 2010, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I love Alan Rickman and I’m so sad he has officially finished filming Snape! The end is near and I just don’t know how I feel about it :/

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 11, 2010, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Hp1_thumb

I am two seconds from bursting into tears.
DDDDDDDD:

Posted by lumosnox on April 11, 2010, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Debon1_thumb

It’s gonna be sad watching him die in the movie.

Posted by Rebeka Potter <3 on April 11, 2010, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Wow I can’t believe it’s actually over…. Thank you Alan Rickman! You have played Severus Snape amazingly well :) Even though Snape is officially dead, you will live on in the hearts of fans everywhere

Posted by da_member0808 on April 11, 2010, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Thank you for all that you have done.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 12, 2010, 04:17 AM report to moderator

good actor

Posted by madman1277 on April 12, 2010, 09:19 AM report to moderator

sweet!!!

Posted by Mew5645 on April 12, 2010, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Thumb_dh_unofficialstills_harry_ron_hermione_012_thumb

Just imagine how different Snape would have been if he had been sorted into Gryffindor. As Dumbledore said, Sometimes I think we sort too soon.

Posted by dreampotter [ROAR!] on April 12, 2010, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

OH MY GOODNESS!! I’m not ready for HP to be finished filming. Each new article saying that someone has finished filming makes me sadder and sadder….

Posted by JessSnape on April 12, 2010, 02:32 PM report to moderator

"Busy time at the Ministry, I hear," said Mr. Malfoy. "All those raids...I hope they're paying you overtime?"[br]He reached into Ginny's cauldron and extracted, from amid the glossy Lockhart books, a very old, very battered copy of [i]A Beginner's Guide t