Tom Felton Comments on MTV Movie Nod, Working with Helena Bonham Carter, and More

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 12, 2010, 09:14 PM

In a follow up to our MTV Movie Awards nominations story below, actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) has made comments about his nomination, working Harry Potter costar Helena Bonhamn Carter, and of a scene cut from the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" film. On the subject of his nomination for Best Villain, Mr. Felton is quoted as saying:

"It's a massive honor," he said. "Especially given that it's a fan vote. That makes it quite touching. And it's classic for me, because for almost a decade, kids have been running onto set and hugging Daniel [Radcliffe] and shaking Emma [Watson]'s hand. I try and be as polite as I can, and I never seem to get anywhere with them. Finally, I'm in a category that celebrates that fact!"
The young actor went on to speak of working with actress Helena Bonham Carter, who portrays the character of Bellatrix in the Harry Potter films, saying that she is his "idol."  He goes on to say: "I've learned more off her than anyone else."

Lastly, Mr. Felton made comments about a scene which was cut from the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" film, right before filming was set to take place.  Quoteage:
"In the fourth film, I got turned into a ferret," he said. "In the original script, it says that in the transition back from ferret to human, I was going to be naked, and I was going to have to run through the courtyard with about 60 extras and 50 film crew and run out with my cheeks on show. For some reason, they pulled that at the last minute. I don't know why. Maybe they thought it was too explicit for young viewers. Maybe something about not having a wide-angle lens!"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

First! I can’t believe he said that he doesn’t get anywhere with the fans. I would be first in line!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 12, 2010, 10:02 PM report to moderator
N1205597276_30397289_4437885_thumb

I can’t believe he said he doesn’t get anywhere with the fans! I would love to give him a hug. Like seriously.

Posted by Kaianne on May 12, 2010, 10:36 PM report to moderator

We all love Tom :D

And that story was so funny; it would have been hilarious to see that scene in the film!

Posted by Stellar Sound on May 12, 2010, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I love you Tom! Don’t worry, if I ever came on set, I would give you a massive hug. :) You are an amazing actor and you are such a funny guy.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on May 12, 2010, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

see this guy is a fans man through and through
celebrity with grace

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on May 12, 2010, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

Tom is hilarious- and he seems like he would be really cool to hang out with. And Helena Bohnam Carter is my idol too!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on May 13, 2010, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_1_movie_poster_thumb

Tom is such a great actor. I think he’s the only one who can brought Draco Malfoy to life. He’s amazing. :)lllllllll

Posted by RavenCha-Potter on May 13, 2010, 04:54 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

that’s cool

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 13, 2010, 05:24 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

that’s cool

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 13, 2010, 05:24 AM report to moderator

I wish he’d been naked in the film, I mean Dan was in the bubblebath… how much worse would it be?

Posted by Evagirl on May 13, 2010, 05:28 AM report to moderator
Julia2-1_thumb

tom is awsome! I dont see either y he thinks he doesnt get away with any fans! I would totally love to meet him!

Posted by HPFC101 *Hestia* on May 13, 2010, 07:01 AM report to moderator

That is hilarious! I would do anything to meet him!!!! But, if I did, I would be stuttering so much because I was nervous, so he wouldn’t get an intellegent whisper out of me. As for the deleted scene, I think that would have been really funny to see!

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitterâ„¢ on May 13, 2010, 07:38 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Tom Felton naked? The female Draco fans would have just swooned.

Posted by Girlraven1 on May 13, 2010, 07:57 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_thumb

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love him!!!!! who wouldn’t go to him over daniel and emma? i mean come on, look at him!!!!

Posted by DracoIsMine(: on May 13, 2010, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

I love Tom!! He seems like a very down to earth kind of guy. I would totally go for him over Daniel or Emma. I love them, but I love Tom more :D Good luck on winning!!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on May 13, 2010, 10:04 AM report to moderator

Ron looked as though he'd just been told he had to go and live in the Forbidden Forest.[br]"Can you imagine me taking exams with this?" he asked Harry, holding up his wand, which had just started whistling loudly.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014