Dan Radcliffe On Acting After Harry Potter

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 17, 2010, 09:19 PM

Dan Radcliffe is the subject of a new profile in the Metro in which the young Harry Potter actor discusses his hopes in becoming a "working actor" following production on the last installment of the Harry Potter films.  Having already completed his fair share of film and theater productions, Radcliffe relates that "It’s bizarre. Most working actors want to become stars. I sort of am a star because of Harry Potter."  He continues, saying:

"And I would love to become a working actor. I love auditioning. But, to be honest, I’m happy to ride this as long as it goes.  If it goes for two months after Potter, I’m happy. If it goes for six years, I’m happy."
With the final two installments of the last film slated for release this fall and next summer, readers will recall that Mr. Radcliffe will be returning to the Broadway stage in a revival of the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Golden_snitch_thumb

He has the ability to be one of the greats!

Posted by SigmaKnight on May 17, 2010, 09:46 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

Way to go Mate! I think ya got more than 6 years in ya!

Posted by crikeyhunter on May 17, 2010, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

Congratulations! We’ve seen through Equis that he can do great things!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on May 17, 2010, 10:05 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

I think he is a better off taking his turn on the stage and learning his craft from there. From there, the world is his oyster. Good luck on the long hard road ahead.

Posted by sidnandragin on May 17, 2010, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

good for him
someone with the salt to use whats given to him and he has been working for his whole life

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on May 17, 2010, 10:40 PM report to moderator

It’s gonna be weird to see him doing things that couldn’t be any further from Harry Potter but I know he has the acting chops to do it!!!

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on May 17, 2010, 10:47 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

good for Dan! :]

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on May 17, 2010, 11:28 PM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

ya I think it’s pretty good :))

Posted by blessi on May 18, 2010, 12:01 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Dan’s acting has improved so much over the years.. I can’t wait to see what else he does after Potter. I’d love to see him on Broadway! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on May 18, 2010, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I have no doubt that Dan will be successful in whatever he does :)

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on May 18, 2010, 01:17 AM report to moderator

Ahh, it is so nice to see an actor who is as down to earth as he is! Way to go, Dan, we love you, mate! Don’t change! You are one of the best actors! You’ll do great things!

Posted by Sanju on May 18, 2010, 01:50 AM report to moderator

It’s gonna be so wierd, seeing our Harry in other things…

Posted by Evagirl on May 18, 2010, 02:10 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

This guy is going far, there’s no doubt about it.

Posted by accioangela on May 18, 2010, 04:22 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Good luck Dan. I think you will have a fine acting career.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on May 18, 2010, 06:10 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Good for you Dan!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 18, 2010, 06:13 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

A moving, black-and-white Lockhart was tugging hard on an arm Harry recognized as his own. He was pleased to see that his photographic self was putting up a good fight and refusing to be dragged into view. As Harry watched, Lockhart gave up and slumped, p