Image from New EA Harry Potter Video Game Now Online (Updated with HQ)

Video Games
Posted by: Edward
May 28, 2010, 09:47 PM

Thanks to Alex from TheRemembrall.org we now have for you a look at what appears to be a promotional image from EA's forthcoming Harry Potter video game we first mentioned below.  The image, which features an artistic representation of the characters of Harry, Ron, and Hermione facing off with people who appear to be Death Eaters, can be seen right here in HQ.  As Leaky posted previously, the official EA website is currently sponsoring a Facebook 'like' campaign in order for this image to be revealed online.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Thenextgenrp_normal_normal_thumb

I hope it gets better reviews on Amazon then the Sixth one, My mom wouldn’t buy me the sixth game so I had to break the piggy bank…

Posted by Owner of Next Gen Group (FilmGirl27) on May 29, 2010, 07:14 PM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

It looks great! Though I still wish they made the games like they did SS, CoS, and PoA, even though the graphics weren’t great. Since GoF, they haven’t been nearly as fun, especially since they got rid of Bertie Botts Every Flavored Beans.

Posted by Potter_Puella on May 29, 2010, 07:46 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

Hahah wow, i just got done playing part of the HBP video game and I come on Leaky and see this news post. I just hope that the game isn’t like Goblet of Fire because I still cannot stand that game!!!

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on May 29, 2010, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

jonk69 doesn’t harry look slightly odd? a bit fat and strangely disproportioned, plus i think the image is far to saturated for my liking, everyone looks too plastic and lacking emotion or life. i mean harry’s just pointing his wand in the air, i mean that worked for the US deathly hallows cover art, but in this case it’s confusing. how is this at all inspiring or different to anything we have seen before from previous potter games. i know it’s a lot to say given it’s just the first preview, but this is still from the game and judging from that I’m not really excited about it.

Posted by edtom123 on May 29, 2010, 11:07 PM report to moderator

Well, first, I think it’s a bit obvious that this is not a screenshot from the game. Even the article says that it is an “artistic representation”. So we know for sure that it’s not from the game itself. Also, Harry does look a bit heavy, but that is due to the over saturation. I think we should just hold back criticisms until we see gameplay or screenshots.

Posted by jonk69 on May 29, 2010, 11:18 PM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

I would say they’re the Snatchers, not Death Eaters, which would put this scene right before Malfoy Manor. Interesting stuff. I wasn’t too impressed with the HBP game, to be honest, the plot went by way too quickly, so I hope this one is better.

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on May 30, 2010, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Batman_thumb

if it’s an artistic representation, then it is still going to have some influence on the game. so my opinion stands. and if so they could have done way better then that. COS stills remains to date the best potter game. now Lego Potter, that’s a different story. I’ll take LEGO over EA any day. LEGO for the WIN!

Posted by edtom123 on May 30, 2010, 12:43 AM report to moderator
092410-hpdh29_thumb

I can’t Wait For It :)

Posted by Glacius on May 30, 2010, 08:04 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

From this picture alone I can safely say this game will prove awesome.

Posted by Kirk on May 30, 2010, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Can’t Wait.

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on May 30, 2010, 11:36 AM report to moderator

Thats pretty cool. Does anyone know if they’re gonna make 2 games for DH?

Posted by dobbylvr on May 30, 2010, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

cool! i cant wait to play it!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 30, 2010, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Picasion
1919 Points

I like it and i “like” it :) looking forward to the game!

Posted by JackMeggers on May 30, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

gotta get this one

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on May 30, 2010, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Grnasmoss-icn_thumb

Looks cool! Wish I played video games….

Posted by nr2solace on May 30, 2010, 10:33 PM report to moderator

"-- but you like the Weasleys, don't you, Potter?" said Malfoy, sneering. "Spend holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you stand the stink, but I suppose when you've been dragged up by Muggles even the Weasleys' hovel smells okay --"