Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon to Attend Wizarding World of Harry Potter Grand Opening

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 10:19 PM

A round of reports have come online regarding cast from the Harry Potter films attending the June 18 grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando Resorts.  First, there is an article online via Central Florida News Channel 13 which is reporting actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) will be attending the grand opening, along with actors James and Oliver Phelps.  Readers will recall last December, TLC first received word that the twins would make an appearance at the park's grand opening.  Next, confirmation has also come online via Rupet-Grint.us that the Ron Weasley actor will also be in attendance.  Lastly, an article in The Times states that "Sir Michael Gambon, who is the headmaster Dumbledore, will fly to Florida for the opening of the new attraction, part of Universal’s existing Islands of Adventure theme park."

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will have its grand opening on June 18.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I can’t wait! It’ll be nice to see them there!

Posted by Jacket on June 13, 2010, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

It’s so not fair that I won’t be going till the fall!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on June 13, 2010, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Great that they’re opening the park. I wish JKR and Emma were going to be there too though.

Posted by i_am_hermione on June 13, 2010, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Buuuuuuaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m so excited!! I’m hoping to be in attendance =) June 18th is going to be a GREAT day =)

Posted by Hogwarts_Love_21 on June 13, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

It would be wonderful if Michael Gambon could wear his Dumbledore robes on the rides! That would be quite a sight!! I hope that we get lots of video and photos of the event.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 13, 2010, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

So cool! wish I could be there on opening day!

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 13, 2010, 03:49 PM report to moderator

I so want to go!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on June 13, 2010, 04:30 PM report to moderator

While the thought of being there, when the cast will be, is wonderful the reality of it is that it will be a nightmare. Long lines, gobs of people and it will be very, very hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on June 13, 2010, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Will Peeves be there?

Posted by Won_Two on June 13, 2010, 04:58 PM report to moderator

Wish I could make it…

Posted by Dawna on June 13, 2010, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

it is so cool!!! lucky visitors!!!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 13, 2010, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Deathlyhallows_thumb

I now officially NEED to GO!

Posted by FullofWrackspurts [ROAR] on June 13, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That is so awesome!! I wish I was there for the grand opening!!!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 13, 2010, 08:54 PM report to moderator

I’m excited! We went for the soft opening yesterday, but I’m sure the crowds will be absolutely horrendous on Friday. We are going again on Monday to ride the rides, so maybe there will be special appearances all week!

Posted by lizzard1711 on June 13, 2010, 08:55 PM report to moderator

Hagrid's hair was matted with congealed blood, and his left eye had been reduced to a puffy slit amid a mass of purple-and-black bruises. There were many cuts on his face and hands, some of them still bleeding, and he was moving gingerly, which made Harry

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014