"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Filming Wraps Today

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 01:19 PM

After ten years of production, filming of the Harry Potter movies is set to wrap today, June 12th.  According to a twitter update by actor Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook), principal photography on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was completed today.  He tweets:

The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and "Deathly Hallows" Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Platform_9_34_thumb

All good things come to an end. We will always have the books and the films but i’m sure everyone needs (in the films mainly) want to get on to other things. Thanks for all the time and effort.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on June 12, 2010, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

Oh my gosh, I’m actually crying. Just imagine how they feel, especially the younger cast. Can it be November now?

Posted by mollywobbles23 on June 12, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

Posted by mollywobbles23 on June 12, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

I’m sorry, I don’t know why that posted twice.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on June 12, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_commemorative_poster_thumb

Can’t believe it!!! It can’t be true!!! the diva sobs and sobs and sobs.

Posted by the diva on June 12, 2010, 03:50 PM report to moderator
N587749053_8870_thumb

does anyone have the feeling of something slipping away slowly and you can’t do anything to stop it. I certainly do when I think of the fact that the filming is finished and I usually shy away from thinking abou one year from know , the moment the lights of the movie theater turns on and everyone starts towards the door. I’ll be sure to be nailed to my seat with eyes sayin*no..no it didn’t really end..stupid people come back… maybe there is an extra clip along the credits* or something like that :(((

Posted by nominominus on June 12, 2010, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

awesome that ive been here the whole time but sad its over
deep stuff man

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 12, 2010, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Oh man, this is so sad and happy at the same time. :S

Posted by Lucida on June 12, 2010, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

NOOOOOOO ITS ALL OVER! i think i might start crying here )’=

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on June 12, 2010, 04:30 PM report to moderator

This series has had the biggest impact on my life. Ten years of magic and adventure have come to a close…but I know that these movies and books will never die. I’m eternally grateful that all the producers and directors held so much compassion and hope for these movies, that they could grow in a way that taught children and adults alike the meaning of love, hope, friendship, compassion, trust, and so much more. I’m so happy that the crew and actors stayed on the films and put so much time and effort into this world wide phenomena. Thank you to everyone who poured their hearts into the final installment. <3 The fans will never forget the past ten years. For so many of us..this is our childhood =)

Posted by Hogwarts_Love_21 on June 12, 2010, 04:43 PM report to moderator

Posted by Hogwarts_Love_21 on June 12, 2010, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Wow I cant believe its over! Imagine what we’re going to feel like once Part 2 is out. After that, it really is all over. =[

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 12, 2010, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

The party is almost over… It has been fun…

Posted by Won_Two on June 12, 2010, 04:59 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

OHHH BOO. :( i hate this. this sucks a lot.
but, hey, will it really ever be over…???

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on June 12, 2010, 05:00 PM report to moderator

Sad but nice as someone said that they pretty much kept all the same cast for 10 years.

Posted by dobby_rocks on June 12, 2010, 05:02 PM report to moderator

...Hermione and Ginny started requesting their favorite noses.[br]"Do that one like a pig snout, Tonks..."[br]Tonks obliged, and Harry, looking up, had the fleeting impression that a female Dudley was grinning at him from across the table.