"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Filming Wraps Today

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 01:19 PM

After ten years of production, filming of the Harry Potter movies is set to wrap today, June 12th.  According to a twitter update by actor Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook), principal photography on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was completed today.  He tweets:

The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and "Deathly Hallows" Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

So sad…

I do hope they’re all able to attend the final two premieres.

Posted by Jillxoxo on June 12, 2010, 07:58 PM report to moderator

so sad, so sad. . .

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on June 12, 2010, 08:14 PM report to moderator
Issacs_puppy2_thumb

Usually i dont comment on a post unless i know it’ll show up on the first page, but this is it this is the end. Maybe one day I’ll look back at this post and smile at the memory. Harry Potter has been such a big part of my life, and i thank the leaky cauldron from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful place they have allowed me to go and love harry potter. I picked up the first book when i was seven and i cant believe what a journey this all was. Thank you Melissa for this all, thank you John, Sue, and Frak(: I have been an avid Potter Cast fan from the begining. I appreciate you all so much. Thank you Jo<3 Keep Safe Keep Faith Love From amanda (:

Posted by Amanda *ROAR* on June 12, 2010, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Deathlyhallows_thumb

A little piece of me just died :(

Posted by FullofWrackspurts [ROAR] on June 12, 2010, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

No cry It can’t be over. It can’t. sulks in corner

Posted by jedisakora on June 12, 2010, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

after reading this, i got that random shiver in bones, my mouth went dry, and my eyes started to water….

Posted by ProfessorAlice on June 12, 2010, 09:35 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Oh my god. is this really happening. Harry has always been around what is going to happen now?

Posted by The Nerd on June 12, 2010, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Slyth016princessbloomy_thumb

Sad…there goes 10 years of my life…But,we will not let the fandom die,right?:)

Posted by Black_wind on June 12, 2010, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

I don’t know, I’m really kind of non-plussed about it. Almost relieved. The series has treated the actors and crew well. It was bound to end, and stretching it out much longer would have been worse.

Yes, it is about time. A year from now we will all have seen it. Many of them have projects lined up already. And we’ll have Harry Potter for all time. :)

Posted by ScottMan on June 12, 2010, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

…Wow….. … I don’t know how to react…. just, wow.

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on June 12, 2010, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Sea-otter_thumb

so sad. In my mind it will always feel like they’re out filming another movie until I remind myself…. :o(

Posted by BookNookKara on June 12, 2010, 10:21 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

im crying. my heart like died. i feel like im never goiing to be happy ever again.i dnt even know what to say.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 12, 2010, 10:21 PM report to moderator

Wow. My first reaction on reading this was the feeling that I had been sucker punched. But Potter lives on in the actors and actresses and all of us and look forward to seeing what said actors and actresses do in the future.

Posted by lazykitty on June 12, 2010, 10:40 PM report to moderator

Posted by lazykitty on June 12, 2010, 10:40 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

OMG!!!!

GOD Bless them All!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on June 12, 2010, 10:49 PM report to moderator

[The egg] was hollow and completely empty -- but the moment Harry opened it, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing, filled the room. The nearest thing to it Harry had ever heard was the ghost orchestra at Nearly Headless Nick's deathday par

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014