"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Filming Wraps Today

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 01:19 PM

After ten years of production, filming of the Harry Potter movies is set to wrap today, June 12th.  According to a twitter update by actor Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook), principal photography on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was completed today.  He tweets:

The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and "Deathly Hallows" Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

354970789b_thumb

I keep trying to write something summing up how much i love, and will always love, Harry Potter, but i just can’t find the words…..

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on June 12, 2010, 11:00 PM report to moderator
Tongue_thumb

I can’t believe it’s over…I seriously might cry!

Posted by siriuslover15 on June 12, 2010, 11:05 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot believe that never again will we hear about them making the movies. I cannot believe we have ceased to hear about all they have to offer for this franchise. I cannot believe that, as with the books, we are quickly approaching the end. However, ends represent beginnings and on that note I do commend everyone who has contributed to the films for helping create outstanding adaptations of the novels and wish them the best of luck as they advance in their careers.

Posted by Kirk on June 12, 2010, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

OMG its over!!! I think I’m going to cry. I cant believe after twn years its all finally over. Never again will Dan, Rupert and Emma be Harry, Ron and Hermione. Thats rather depressing. But it will always live on in our hearts. <3

Posted by LunaLuver on June 13, 2010, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

NOOOO!! this is so sad but yet bittersweet. I feel as if my childhood has come to an end.

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 13, 2010, 12:28 AM report to moderator
Jdf_thumb

NOOOO!! WHAT WILL I DO WITH MY LIFE NOW THAT ITS OVER! CRIES WELL DONE THOUGH EVERYONE, CAST, PRODUCERS, DIRECTORS, EVERYONE FOR MAKING MAGIC APPEAR FROM PAPER TO SCREEN!

Posted by nevillelongbottom on June 13, 2010, 12:41 AM report to moderator
Jdf_thumb

I seriously feel like a bit of me has died, not to mention I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the billionth billionth time last night and even that made me sad!

Posted by nevillelongbottom on June 13, 2010, 12:42 AM report to moderator
Jdf_thumb

Harry Potter is responsible for the Literacy of this era!

Posted by nevillelongbottom on June 13, 2010, 12:43 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

wow..just wow, I knew this day would come eventually but that didn’t help me prepare :(

Posted by aval on June 13, 2010, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

NOOOOOO!!!! IT WILL NEVER BE OVERRR!!!!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on June 13, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Vf-june2010_thumb

This seems unreal. Its simply unbelievalble that they’ve finished filiming!
It IS the end of an era, the Potter era. OMG, this is TRAGIC!

Posted by pottermania97 *ROAR* on June 13, 2010, 02:24 AM report to moderator
Vf-june2010_thumb

SOB No words can express my feelings. I’ll just say that nothing like this can ever happen again. The end is horribly overwhelming. I just wish the entire cast and crew the very best for the future. And I do hope that someday, they come back together again. Potter RULES!!!!!!!!!

Posted by pottermania97 *ROAR* on June 13, 2010, 02:45 AM report to moderator
002_thumb

so sad. no more, ever! this calls for a bawling session

Posted by Iris Lily™ on June 13, 2010, 02:55 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

End of the era…officially. Not in our hearts.
Harry Potter will live forever!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on June 13, 2010, 03:53 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I just can’t believe its over. I really feel like crying.

Posted by hermione198k on June 13, 2010, 04:14 AM report to moderator

"You only like [Cedric] because he's [i]handsome,[/i]" said Ron scathingly.[br]"Excuse me, I don't like people just because they're handsome!" said Hermione indignantly.[br]Ron gave a loud false cough, which sounded oddly like [i]"Lockhart!"[/i]