"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Filming Wraps Today

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 01:19 PM

After ten years of production, filming of the Harry Potter movies is set to wrap today, June 12th.  According to a twitter update by actor Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook), principal photography on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was completed today.  He tweets:

The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and "Deathly Hallows" Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dhc-avatar_thumb

D:

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on June 13, 2010, 01:39 PM report to moderator

WOWWWW FEELS LIKE A BIG CHUNK OF MY LIFE HAS COME TO AN END! OMG BUT HARRY POTTER SHALL LIVE ON. CONGRATULATIONS IT HAS BEEN A PHENOMENAL 10 YEARS, FOR THE CAST AND CREW! "**sob** and of course to JK Rowling none of this wouldve been possible without her. Good luck in all of your future endavours

Danielle<3 xoxo

Posted by DDWatson on June 13, 2010, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

nooo ;( soo saad, cant believe its over, cant wait for the two newe movies fo! x

Posted by nicoooola_ on June 13, 2010, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

It’s not over until I’ve seen DH2 in the cinema. Actually, it’s not over until I’ve bought the DVD of DH2 and watched it again alongside the special features. I’m in denial.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on June 13, 2010, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I cannot believe it!!! The books are all written… the movies are done filming….. the Theme Park is about the open… the LAST movie comes out next July along with Leakycon…. then what? The Encyclopedia…??

Posted by HP*JOSIAH*HP on June 13, 2010, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

This has been quite a marathon for the producers and actors.Ten Years of movie making, and what movies they have made! I really think Deathly Hallows is going to be the best one yet.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 13, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Deathly_002_001_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Posted by wiltabone on June 13, 2010, 03:37 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

I look forward to talented young writers using JK’s influence to guide them in creating even bigger and better stories. I just hope their stories are created in my lifetime.

Posted by taoist1 on June 13, 2010, 03:54 PM report to moderator

It’s sad that the movies have come to an end (actually SOB is more like it.) It is remarkable that the same cast, with the exception of the late Richard Harris, has remained the same for the last 10 years (this really is a feat and a half) as no other franchise has been able to pull this off (ie. 007)! The films have given voice and face to characters that we love and will continue to love through the years and will see in our minds eye everytime we reread the books. Many thanks to JK Rowling and the cast and crew of the films, it has been a great ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can cry alot and will especially after #8 comes to an end!

Posted by hewy on June 13, 2010, 04:20 PM report to moderator

Today is my birthday- I will always remember it now

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on June 13, 2010, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Photo_349_thumb

THAT’S AMAZING BUT SAD !
PS Does anyone know what part of the book this picture is from? I wasn’t sure when I saw that trailer…

Posted by imaginemagic on June 13, 2010, 07:47 PM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

imaginemagic I would guess that it is near the end when the teachers are trying to protect the school from Voldemort and the Death Eaters to give Harry time to find the horcrux.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on June 13, 2010, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

June 12th will be a sad day in history for Potter fans.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 13, 2010, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

I can’t believe it’s over.

Posted by Finny on June 14, 2010, 11:01 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Cannot believe I missed this! Am now sobbing 2 days late, can’t believe filming is over!

Posted by eccentricalice on June 14, 2010, 12:17 PM report to moderator

"I'm going with -- with Neville. He asked me when Hermione said no, and I thought... well... I'm not going to be able to go otherwise, I'm not in fourth year." She looked extremely miserable. "I think I'll go and have dinner," she said, and she got up and