MTV Discusses "What's Worked Best" in the Harry Potter Movies

Movies
Posted by: Mel
June 14, 2010, 11:17 PM

As readers will recall, the filming of "Deathly Hallows" wrapped two days ago, inspiring sadness in a few of the actors who worked on the films. Today, MTV commented on what they believe the best elements of the six movies that have already been released are, as well as the moments they think will resonate most in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2." For "Goblet of Fire" MTV discusses Voldemort:

"Voldemort had made several appearances in a variety of forms in 'Harry Potter' in the first three films, but it wasn't until 'Goblet of Fire' that he actually regained a corporeal form (and killed off Robert Pattinson as Cedric Diggory, in the process!). The perfect casting of Ralph Fiennes, the intimidating character design and the actor's chill-inducing use of the Avada Kedavra curse made Voldemort a villain worth hating."

You can read about the other seven movies here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Raven_avatar_thumb

Hmmmm. Not sure on this one…

Posted by Won_Two on June 14, 2010, 11:34 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_thumb

I don’t know if that is one of the best elements. I never found Fiennes that intimidating as Voldemort, let alone “scary”…

Posted by TheThirdBrother on June 14, 2010, 11:52 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

I like the part when it says “and killed Robert Pattinson” lmfao sorry i just had to write that no offense to any rob fans but it just cracked me up :P And Fiennes wasnt THAT scary. Only when my little cousin who is 6 watched it then yeah she was freaked out but mostly cuz of his nose lol

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on June 15, 2010, 12:01 AM report to moderator
Emma-vs-01_copy_thumb

Fiennes is brilliant as Voldemort.

Posted by Leo_Lovegood on June 15, 2010, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I think Ralph Fiennes is not scary per-say but more intimidating and demanding, which he should be. Voldemort isn’t completely scary physically in my eyes, but his presence is what makes him scary and daunting in a way.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 15, 2010, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

Ralph Fiennes is the best Voldemort ever. And I do agree that he was quite intimidating. Though, I’m not sure if I agree with all those “elements.” I think they forgot quite a few memorable moments within the Harry Potter movies…

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on June 15, 2010, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Quidditch-scene-from-harr-001_thumb

It’s what I hate about MTV, everything is about Robert Pattinson even went it comes to Harry Potter “he played cedric” seriously, who cares. Glad, Voldemort killed him, his character was useless, anyways! It’s always Twilight this, Twilight that…sick of it. I don’t care if I offended any (F***face) fans. And Ralph Fiennes….well we should be lucky we have him playing Lord Voldemort!

Posted by Paul Nepinak:D on June 15, 2010, 12:23 AM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

ya, Ralf Fiennes is a really great villain :D

Posted by blessi on June 15, 2010, 01:22 AM report to moderator

I thought Brenden Gleeson is bloody BRILIANT as Moody. Now THERES A SCARY BLOKE!!!
Roar

Posted by LORD BYRON on June 15, 2010, 01:57 AM report to moderator

Ive a question… How does Alan Rickman follow this role?! Or does he? Hes a brilliant actor, but everything forward of this….. NO ROLE WILL EVER LIVE UP TO SNAPE!! IT IS/WAS HIS ACE VENTURA/ MASK TO JIM CAREY!

Posted by LORD BYRON on June 15, 2010, 02:09 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

the brilliance of this movie franchise lies in the casting – there has been given thought to who should play the characters. alan rickman, ralph fiennes, brendan gleeson, gary oldman… the list goes on, right?

and the trio – what can i say? brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

there might be stuff from the books that are left out in the movies, but the movies have been great. better than most trash shown on screen these days.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on June 15, 2010, 02:36 AM report to moderator
092410-hpdh29_thumb

yea, Ralf Fiennes is a really great villaine

Posted by Glacius on June 15, 2010, 02:43 AM report to moderator
Smaller_lily_thumb

I feel like they missed out on sooooo much stuff… But it was still worth reading. I do agree that when harry sets off into the forbidden forest, i’ll already be balling like an idiot by then.. Shoot i’ll have started before the movie even begins.. Deathly hallows is definitely gonna emotional though.

Posted by Lilypotter27 on June 15, 2010, 03:24 AM report to moderator
Smaller_lily_thumb

Oh and BTW, the casting of the Trio, HELL TO THE YES!!!!! The movies would never be the same or in my opinion this good if they didn’t get that specific (along with many others) casting right. But they did, so Im extremely happy. :D

Posted by Lilypotter27 on June 15, 2010, 03:27 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

The casting of the actors is the series’ greatest strength- Richard Harris, Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, Brendan Gleeson, Imelda Staunton, Ralph Fiennes- WIN!! :) And the trio are fantastic! :)

I would add the chess battle scene in PS (brilliant), and the Knight Bus (WIN).

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on June 15, 2010, 03:36 AM report to moderator

"I think the only reason I never lost my mind is that I knew I was innocent. That wasn't a happy thought, so the dementors couldn't suck it out of me... but it kept me sane and knowing who I am... helped me keep my powers..."