Recap: Wizarding World of Harry Potter Celebrity Preview Concludes, HP Cast Reveals Hogwarts (Updated with Photos)

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 17, 2010, 10:00 AM

Due to technical difficulties, here is our earlier recap of the events from the first part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter grand opening.  Last evening, actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore), Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), and Warwick Davis (Flitwick), as well as Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling walked down the red carpet into the theme park for the Celebrity Preview.  Our previous coverage can be found here and here.

Here now is a brief recap of the opening ceremonies.  Leaky's full report is due shortly.
  • Actor Warwick Davis conducts the Frog Choir of Hogwarts, complete with animatronic frogs, who perform "The Hogwarts March" and "Double Trouble."
  • Chairman and CEO of Universal Parks speaks and introduces Ron Meyer, the President and COO of Universal Studios.
  • Barry Meyer, Chairman and CEO of WB speaks.
  • John Williams conducts the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra in rendition of "Harry's Wondrous World."
  • The Knight Bus pulls into the park, dropping off actors Michael Gambon, Tom Felton, Matt Lewis, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps, and Bonnie Wright.
  • Seconds later, the Weasley Car appears and drops off Rupert Grint and Dan Radcliffe.
  • Dan Radcliffe speaks, leads the audience in casting the Lumos spell to reveal the Hogwarts Castle.
  • Firework and light show follows, accompanied by clips from the film projected onto the the foundation walls of Hogwarts.
The first round of photos is now online, and can be found here in our Leaky Galleries.  Photos include:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Gryffcutie_thumb

I saw a lot of this on video this morning and it was absolute magic! I didn’t know that Dan and Rupes came via the Weasley car! How bloody magnificent is that! Wow!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 17, 2010, 02:13 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Oh man i sooo wish I was there seems like it was so much fun.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 17, 2010, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Wow this sounds so cool! I wish I could have been there and seen it!

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 17, 2010, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Those pictures look so cool! I didn’t know that Tom’s hair was that dark, I knew he bleached it but I still thought he was a natural blondie. Bonnie looks so sophisticated, I just love her hair! Jo looked absouloutely stunning!(Ohh, I sound like a reporter!) Rupert still looked like his own self, but older….I wonder where the pictures of Dan and Micheal are?

Luna_sam_thumb

Yay, there’s Jo! I was so disappointed last night when she didn’t make an appearance.

Posted by nargles, oh my! on June 17, 2010, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

This is all TOO COOL!!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 17, 2010, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

This is……………………………..AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by HP*JOSIAH*HP on June 17, 2010, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 17, 2010, 08:48 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Awesome! Good idea with the Weasley car! :]

Posted by Pollytomat on June 18, 2010, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Everyone looks good! I must say.. the Twins are looking rather nice ;)

Raven_avatar_thumb

Nice pix…

Posted by Won_Two on June 18, 2010, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

great pics

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 21, 2010, 05:52 PM report to moderator

"You haven't got the guts to take me on without that thing, have you?" Dudley snarled.[br]"Whereas you just need four mates behind you before you can beat up a ten-year-old. You know that boxing title you keep banging on about? How old was your opponent?

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014