Dan Radcliffe Discusses Last Days of Filming

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
June 18, 2010, 03:52 AM

As readers may recall, filming for "Deathly Hallows" wrapped last week and since then a few of the Harry Potter actors have been discussing their feelings about the film series coming to a close. A new article details Daniel Radcliffe's (Harry Potter) feelings about completing the movies, as well as having been connected to the Harry Potter franchise for nearly ten years:

“I ... we ... were very emotional. I’m not a particularly overly emotional kind of person. And so, I didn’t really expect it to be ... to cry ... as much as I did. But I was absolutely devastated at the moment, because I just thought, ‘Well, what am I gonna do now?’ You know? I don’t know what my day-to-day life is without Harry Potter,” Radcliffe said. “I’ve got to sort of find that out.”
...
In the meantime, he hopes to have a reminder of his Potter days. “I’m going back (to the ‘Potter’ set) for two — literally two — days, and I’m going to get the glasses. Gotta get the glasses,” he said of the iconic specs Harry wore during his days at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Radcliffe is certain to have a long acting future before him. But will that future include a day where he ceases to wake up without a little bit of Harry Potter inside?
“No. Not at all,” he said. “Every opportunity I get from now until the rest of my life is derived from the fact that when I was 10 years old, I got cast as Harry Potter. And I will be forever grateful and very proud to be associated with it.”

You can read more here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Marguerite_thumb

He’s such a sweetie!

Posted by Despina on June 18, 2010, 04:40 AM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

It’s the (sad) end of an era……

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on June 18, 2010, 04:46 AM report to moderator

A sad day Dan for all of us .

Posted by azna70 on June 18, 2010, 05:05 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Too sad. Sniff, sniff!

sniff sniff! thats so sweet! it’s devestating it’s over :’(

Posted by Freya-Storm on June 18, 2010, 05:41 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

He’s such a sweetie!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 18, 2010, 06:20 AM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

Ohh.. I love that, he’s so kind and sweet.

Posted by blessi on June 18, 2010, 06:53 AM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

I feel the same to you Dan :’(

Posted by blessi on June 18, 2010, 06:54 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Gotta have the sobs glasses!!Waaaaaaaaaaah

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 18, 2010, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts03_thumb

How WEIRD it must be for them. Its like waking up the day after you graduate high school and realize that part of your life is over forever. We love you Dan! You brough Harry Potter to life brilliantly and we thank you for that.

Posted by IwishIwas@Hogwarts on June 18, 2010, 08:03 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

He is so awesome!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 18, 2010, 08:21 AM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

Oh I hope he does get to keep the glasses. It’s nice when an actor has been in a role for a long time and gets a keepsake. Just like when David Tennant got to keep the 10th Doctor’s sonic screwdriver.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on June 18, 2010, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_fanart_thumb

Oh. It’s over. * sigh *…….. This is the end of an era we won’t forget!

Posted by elf_ville on June 18, 2010, 09:11 AM report to moderator
1980 Points

awww he cried. hes so sweet. haha hes going to get his glasses bck. :)

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 18, 2010, 09:14 AM report to moderator

It is so bittersweet.

Posted by Dawna on June 18, 2010, 09:14 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[She] spent half the lesson telling everyone that the position of Mars with relation to Saturn at that moment meant that people born in July were in great danger of sudden, violent deaths.[br]"Well, that's good," said Harry loudly, his temper getting the