GMTV Visits Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Talks to Radcliffe, Grint

Fans
Posted by: Rosi
June 18, 2010, 07:20 AM

The first clips from GMTV's tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter have surfaced on the programme's website. Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) spoke to GMTV presenter Ross King in Ollivander's about his post-Harry Potter days, commenting, "I don't know what my day to day life is without going to work ... it's going to be interesting to discover what I do when I'm not doing Harry Potter."

King also spoke to actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) who was caught enjoying the "incredible" view of Hogwarts castle. "I just cannot get over it," said Grint, "I don't know why they didn't build this for the film! It would have made a lot more sense, would have been perfect!" You can watch this clip - which will be in our video galleries shortly - on the GMTV website at this link.

Additionally, GMTV talked to the actors at the celebrity preview on Wednesday night and you can watch a video of Grint, Radcliffe, Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Michael Gambon (Dumbledore), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) and James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley, respectively) sharing their views both on the park and on Mayor of London Boris Johnson's recent criticisms at the GMTV website via this link.

More clips from the morning television show are expected to be online shortly. Stay close to Leaky for more news and interviews from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter as they come in!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

Ohhh Rupert!. I’m going to miss you too!. You make people laugh

Posted by blessi on June 18, 2010, 07:56 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts03_thumb

Its so hard to grasp that the actors werent actually walking around that magical world for real but when you hear them talk about how amazing the park is you realize that it really was just a movie with sets and green screens and they seem as excited as the fans if not more to see what we have longed to see for years. LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER =)

Posted by IwishIwas@Hogwarts on June 18, 2010, 07:57 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I wonder how long the actors will be at the park?

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 18, 2010, 08:19 AM report to moderator

Great clip! I wish it was longer.

Posted by Dawna on June 18, 2010, 09:20 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Wow I agree with Rupert … like why didnt they build this for the movies? It must be almost as awesome for the cast as it is for the rest of us. Gah … Dan’s comment is so sad tho, it sounds almost like he’s lost or something. I guess all he’s done for 10 years is HP so, suddenly he’s an adult that doesnt do HP. So yeah what does Dan do? It’s so weird …

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 18, 2010, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I wish the clip would have been longer too. I love how amazed even the actors were with the theme park. I hope they got to see and enjoy every inch of it and every ride!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 18, 2010, 12:43 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Great clips! I liked the moment when Rupert says that there should a HP themed park in England and his eyes lit up with happiness! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on June 18, 2010, 12:58 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

I just watxhed this video on some website or at least I think it ws teh same thing, OH MY GOD it’s so sad that’s it’s over!! Ahhh! But the park is AMAZING!! I love how all the actors/actresses are like “we don’t realize that we can go in” and “we’re so used to green screen” and everything being made out of wood and plaster awwwwwww.

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 18, 2010, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

I love Gambon’s comment, "Well he’s a silly old fart isn’t he?’

Posted by sgreeter8888 on June 18, 2010, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

It looks amazing :) <3

Raven_avatar_thumb

Cute stuff…

Posted by Won_Two on June 20, 2010, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

You have to love Michael Gambon calling the mayor of London a “silly old fart.” LOL

Posted by AvanelleWood on June 21, 2010, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

haha silly old fart did it for me too

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 21, 2010, 08:07 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Yes, Michael Gambon does speak his mind, and good for him! I chuckled at Tom Felton’s comment about the park only being able to open three days a year because of the weather in London!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on July 12, 2010, 07:29 PM report to moderator

"Yeah, size is no guarantee of power," said George. "Look at Ginny."[br]"What d'you mean?" said Harry.[br]"You've never been on the receiving end of one of her Bat-Bogey Hexes, have you?"