Lunch With OotP Screenwriter Michael Goldenberg Up for Inside Out Community Arts Charity Auction

Charity
Posted by: Edward
June 26, 2010, 03:52 PM

Inside Out Community Arts, a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to "providing confidence and inspiration to make a positive difference in communities worldwide through visual and performing arts workshops, performances and festivals," currently is holding an auction which is offering, among other prizes, a lunch with "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" screenwriter Michael Goldenberg.  Bidding is now open for this prize via this link, and will close June 28.  The Inside Out Community Arts Sizzling Summer Online Auction is offering over one hundered of items as part of their effort, including a set visit to the TV Show "Glee," signed photos, scripts, and many event tickets.  More about Inside Out Community Arts can be found here on their official website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Raven_avatar_thumb

I’ll have a Bacon Cheeseburger pleeze!

Posted by Won_Two on June 26, 2010, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Some great gift ideas can be found on theri site. Have fun this summer, everyone!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 26, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

really creative idea for a prize

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 26, 2010, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds great! I wonder if I should enter…

Upclose_of_me_thumb

That’s a really cool prize. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 26, 2010, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Molly_thumb

So far no one has bid and I am starting to feel bad for the guy!! I would love to, but I live in DC, not California. I think it would be a great time though. I always wondered how they go about cutting down such immense works into a coherent story. How do they make sure they don’t remove something the next screenwriter will need? Does JKR give them a wink and say “Make sure nothing happens to so and so.”

Posted by cminmd on June 26, 2010, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

That is a really cool prize. Good luck to all who enter!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 26, 2010, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Image

awesome, but im not gonna enter

Posted by magicmaniac on June 27, 2010, 02:35 AM report to moderator

This guy seems to “live” Harry Potter. At first glance I thougt it was Dan in the epilogue -look

Posted by Giant Fairy on June 27, 2010, 04:48 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Sounds interesting .. too bad I live on the wrong coast. Good luck, bidders!

Morse_telegrapher_thumb

I am surprised to learn that Michael wrote the screenplay for “Contact” with Jodie Foster, a movie I really loved. OotP is my favourite book of the HP series and OotP the movie left two movies in the book to become my award winner of the “Why Bother” Award for nearly total lack of making a book into a movie!

Posted by Phoenix1946 on June 27, 2010, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Interesting…

Posted by Smitch on June 27, 2010, 06:56 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Good luck to whoever bidds!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 28, 2010, 09:42 AM report to moderator

Could not agree more with “Phoenix 1946”! OotP was my least favorite film and did not come anywhere close to the book. It was a very poor job of script writing to my mind it really wasn’t even close to being “based on the book!” He may have done other wonderful things but not sure he did much for the only Potter book he brought to the screen.

Posted by hewy on June 30, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator

Posted by hewy on June 30, 2010, 01:31 PM report to moderator

"Devil's Snare, Devil's Snare... what did Professor Sprout say? -- it likes the dark and the damp --"[br]"So light a fire!" Harry choked.[br]"Yes -- of course -- but there's no wood!" Hermione cried....[br] "HAVE YOU GONE MAD?" Ron bellowed. "ARE YOU A W