"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Trailer Now Online

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 30, 2010, 10:40 PM

The much anticipated trailer for the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts I and II" is now online and can be viewed via our Leaky Video Galleries here!  Links from WB can be found below the video. Stay tuned for more!

Update 1:  The trailer for the film can now be seen right here on the official Harry Potter website.

Update 2: Links from WB

QUICKTIME HD
QUICKTIME STANDARD
WINDOWS HD
WINDOWS STANDARD
FLASH
IPOD

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Mad-eye-moody_thumb

WOW. Just WOW. I agree with everyone that there should be people at the final showdown, but I’m just so happy to see the awesomeness of this trailer that I’ll complain some other time. I wasn’t able to comment ealier, but now I can, WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWSQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! =D=D=D

Posted by eccentricalice on June 29, 2010, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

@Master LEW: It’s not Ron killing Nagini, it’s the way they cut it together, Ron is “killing” the locket Horcrux.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on June 29, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator

This looks absolutely amazing. I really can’t wait. The soundtrack is great, the movie looks fantastic. Probably going to be the best HP movie(s) out of them all.

Posted by on June 29, 2010, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

THAT LOOKS BLOODY BRILLIANT!

Posted by aval on June 29, 2010, 01:20 PM report to moderator

@starlesswinter&rush2112
My original post was 99% on the amazing trailer and how only fans incapable of letting the film makers get on with making great films will be let down and will moan and whinge about how every tiny detail did not come up to their expectations. That’s their loss not cinema’s, and certainly not HP’s.

As for the 1% on Williams. Schindler’s List was and remains utter drivel, an insult to all survivors but most of all to the dead. Spielberg made up for it by recording the survivors’ accounts. Williams has no such excuse, his score was trite pap, which made it perfectly in tune with the film.

I have listened to the soundtracks you listed and have to say that Angela’s Ashes (occasionally beautiful) and the intro to Catch Me If You Can, and the odd flourish in the otherwise tedious War of the Worlds, did break the barrier of the banal that regularly defines Hollywood soundtracks. But Amistad (overblown drivel), Munich (bland & derivative), Seven Years In Tibet (effortlessly sleep-inducing), met all my expectations and experiences of JW.

Memoirs of A Geisha was occasionally sublime mainly due to Perlman and Yo-Yo Ma but I have to give JW his unconditional due there. No question.

True, I love HP, both the books and the films, just as I love Hollywood precisely because it mass produces escapist entertaining pap. But it doesn’t follow that I think American culture is trash. Far from it. HBO currently produces some of the best TV in the world, African-American music and musicians are the best in the world, US comedy is unbeatable, and US ambition, production, scale, and breadth of talent remains unsurpassed.

But, in the end I’d rather discuss the trailer. Williams was just a throwaway aside. Much as I’d like the producers to do with any score he produces for DH.

Posted by rotfang07 on June 29, 2010, 01:22 PM report to moderator
19961_295278227280_850597280_3220270_6993096_n_thumb

omgomgomg!
NOVEMBER!
are you freakkking kidding me???

Posted by AbbieAstoria on June 29, 2010, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Starman_thumb

@rotfang07: I quoted major accolades from the motion picture and recorded music industries and (most importantly) from the people who enjoy music and film. What academic degree or multi-platinum recording have you earned to back up your off-the-cuff “critic-speak”?

Posted by rush2112 on June 29, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

EPIC

Posted by Slytherin Boy 2010 on June 29, 2010, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

Does anyone know if at the end of the Trailer is that a voice Voldemort’s voice going over the picture but not correspoding or is he saying it at that point in the movie, because if that really is the final showdown, then what is he doing talking when the “bang was like a cannon blast and the golden flames that erupted between them, at the dead center of the circle they had been treading, marked the point where the spells collidef. Harry saw Voldemort’s green jet met his own spell, saw the elder wand fly high, dark against the sunrise, spinning across the enchanted ceiling, like the head of Nagini, spinning through the air toward he master it would not kill, who had come to take full possession of it at last, and Harry with the unerring skill of a seeker, caught the wand in his free hand as Voldmort fell backward, arms splayed, the slit pupils of the scarlet eyes rolling upward. Tom Riddle hit the floor with a mundane finallity, his body feeble and shrunken, the white hands empty the snakelike face vacant ans unknowing. Voldemort was dead, killed by his own rebounding curse, and Harry stood with two wands in his hands, staring down at his enemy’s shell” Okay, when does Voldmort say anything is that whole paragraph, it is the one immediatly after “Avada kedavra” and “expelliarmus” so, there isn’t really time to have him say anything. Also, why aren’t there golden flames comming from where those spells hit each other, or are we just seeing a clip a few seconds earlier than you think that happens?

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on June 29, 2010, 02:14 PM report to moderator
39892_145879025434124_100000360822940_321722_6207266_n_thumb

BOUT TIME!!!

Posted by RavenBlade on June 29, 2010, 02:21 PM report to moderator
2002_harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_046_thumb

Fantastic!!!

Posted by AutumnWizard *ROAR* on June 29, 2010, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Starman_thumb

@rotfang07: Oh, I get it now. I went back and read some of your opinions in the archives of this forum. You fancy yourself a music critic!

Listen to what a former music critic has to say on the subject. Steve Almond wrote, in an article entitled “Love music, hold the criticism” (Google it):

“But a funny thing happened on the way to my glorious career as the next Lester Bangs: I was dispatched to cover a [doesn’t really matter] concert.

“…I dutifully spent the evening scribbling witty insults in my reporter’s notebook. But at a certain point (after I’d fulfilled my quota of witty insults) I turned my attention to the folks all around me. They were enthralled. And what I realized as I gazed at them was this: I was totally missing the point.

“The very idea of music criticism — of applying some objective standard to the experience of listening to music — suddenly struck me as petty and irrelevant. I spent several more months as a critic, but my essential belief in the pursuit evaporated.

“…Am I suggesting that music criticism is a pointless exercise? Yeah, I guess I am.

“…And to be perfectly honest, I took some perverse pleasure — as a wannabe musician — in having the power to pass judgment over actual musicians.”

Posted by rush2112 on June 29, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

gosh :) :) :)

That poor dragon!!!

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on June 29, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Spade_a_thumb

Thrilling! Please, don’t mess up this time, guys!

Posted by Blutiful on June 29, 2010, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Wow, that trailer was amazing! The music was incredible too!!! :D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on June 29, 2010, 02:51 PM report to moderator

"...you don't like dementors, do you, Albus?" said Moody with a sardonic smile.[br]"No," said Dumbledore calmly, "I'm afraid I don't. I have long felt the Ministry is wrong to ally itself with such creatures."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014