Tom Felton Wins Best Villain at MTV Movie Awards, Confirms Casting Rumours

Film Awards
Posted by: Rosi
June 07, 2010, 02:25 PM

Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) was last night given the Best Villain award at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards. The ceremony took place in Los Angeles, California; a video of the actor accepting the Golden Popcorn can be seen by US residents at this link. Additionally, photos from the event are now available right here in our galleries.

In related news, Felton yesterday confirmed that his girlfriend will appear in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Jade Olivia will be in the role of Draco's wife Astoria in the epilogue scene. "The producers actually came to me about six months ago and asked me," comments the actor, "and I was like, OK, I'll ask her. She was slightly reluctant but I pulled her arm and twisted it and then she was filming with me for three days at King's Cross."

Please note that the video is only available to residents of the USA, but the accompanying article  - which has a few more quotes from Tom Felton - is available to everyone. A video of Tom Felton talking to MTV News on the red carpet about the casting can be seen at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Film Awards News

Dhonesheet_thumb

I’m so happy Tom won!! His acceptance speech was great. It’s so sweet that Jade will be playing his wife!! That’s awesome! I can’t wait to see Deathly Hallows!

Posted by cghambright on June 07, 2010, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

ahh congrats! couldn;t deserve it more!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 07, 2010, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Dsc01254_thumb

Congrats Tom on the win !

Posted by HPIsLegit on June 07, 2010, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

Congrats Tom, well deserved!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on June 07, 2010, 06:51 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

I was so mad watching what happened when he was trying to accept his award! Mark Wahlberg’s behavior was absolutely disgusting and so disrespectful to Tom. I’m still really irritated about it. It was literally just like what happened with Taylor Swift getting interrupted by Kanye except that when that happened there were all of these articles and people who stood up for Taylor and felt sorry for her, but no one seems to be doing that for Tom. The level of disrespect and the fact that no one including the MTV staff did anything to stop it so Tom could finish his speech just left me stunned thinking WTF? It was HP’s only award for the night and the moment was ruined by that ridiculousness going on in the background. Tom was so brilliant in HBP and he truly deserved his moment to shine so it infuriates me to see someone ruin it the way they did.

I know one thing… I will NEVER see another film that Mark Wahlberg is involved with!

Posted by bella vita on June 07, 2010, 06:53 PM report to moderator

Yay Tommy! Well deserved! And you get to film with you girlfreind !
I am dissaponted that kristen stweart woman beat Emma in that arawrds for best actress. GRRRR her.
Again (appluddes Tom) well deserved to a lovely actor and his girl!

Posted by hp's dead account on June 07, 2010, 06:59 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Congrats to Tom!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on June 07, 2010, 07:55 PM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

Congrats Tom! You deserve it! Although Helena Bonham Carter was a very worthy competitor.

Posted by Potter_Puella on June 07, 2010, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

He deserved the award and i think his girlfriend is prefect for role!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 07, 2010, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

He deserved the award and i think his girlfriend is prefect for role!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 07, 2010, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

no tom felton’s girlfriend isnt a model (though she could be) she is the assisant sunt cordinator for the hp films thats how they met so she could have gotten the part without tom felton’s help

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 07, 2010, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

LUCKY! I want to be in DH! although I can’t act very well…Congrats Tom! You do make a wonderful villain!

Posted by Jacket on June 07, 2010, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

nice job!!!!!!!!!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 07, 2010, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

Congrats Tom Felton, when I was watching it I was so happy someone from Harry Potter won because of all the Twilight people getting awards. I didn’t like though how the people presenting it treated him though, they were very rude in my opinion while Tom was trying to thank his mom, they were like “Come on it’s not an Oscar” and “Soak it up it’ll never happen again.” I know they were just trying to be funny, but It came off rude to me.

Posted by Brianna on June 07, 2010, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

@bella vita
It was NOTHING like that. Calm the hell down. It was scripted, and planned that way. THE PRODUCERS TOLD THEM TO TALK AND HAVE FUN! It was part of the joke of the scene with no disrespect intended. Tom didn’t know about it and that’s what made it funny. Both Tom and Mark had no hard feelings afterwords so you shouldn’t either. Way to completely overreact.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on June 07, 2010, 09:13 PM report to moderator

He put back his terrible face and sniffed, his slit-like nostrils widening.[br]"I smell guilt," he said. "There is a stench of guilt upon the air."[br]A second shiver ran around the circle, as though each member of it longed, but did not dare, to step bac