Update: Harry Potter Library Exhibition Enters Illinois

Books
Posted by: Mel
June 07, 2010, 09:12 PM

Back in 2009, TLC told you of a traveling Harry Potter library exhibit, which focused on the historical and scientific aspects of the series as they pertained to "Renaissance traditions." The exhibit is now in Galesburg, Illinois, and a report has come in which details the experience people have had at it:

"The exhibit is comprised of seven panels that explore topics discussed in the Harry Potter series and their historic correlations. On the panel that lists the topic of immortality, for example, the character Nicholas Flamel is discussed. ...'To be honest, before I curated the show, I did not realize half of it was real... I didn’t realize Nicolas Flamel was real,' said Elizabeth Bland, exhibit curator and exhibition coordinator at the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda, Md."

The report also contains a calendar of events for the exhibit which includes several "Wizarding Class[es] for Muggles," such as Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology.

The exhibit will be at Galesburg, Illinois until July 2nd.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

1980 Points

cool! first.:)

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 07, 2010, 09:36 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

cool! first.:)

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 07, 2010, 09:36 PM report to moderator
Luna_sam_thumb

Aw, it’d be so cool if they’d come HERE. But I’m in Canada- I find people avoid us. :(

Posted by nargles, oh my! on June 07, 2010, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

gnar

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 07, 2010, 10:15 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Very cool… I just wish it would go farther SOUTH!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 07, 2010, 11:43 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

That is so cool! I wish I could go! Lets count how many times I have said “I wish I could go” in the past week……. about five bazillion!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 08, 2010, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish I could see it myself but do hope that everyone else enjoys it!

Posted by Kirk on June 08, 2010, 10:15 AM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

I really wish I could go see it.

Posted by Finny on June 08, 2010, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

wish i could see

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 08, 2010, 12:03 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

so close yet so far if only it was a few miles north.

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on June 08, 2010, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Merope_thumb

Every library should own their own set of these books(;

Posted by Elyssia Riddle x on June 08, 2010, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

That’s quite cool…

Posted by Won_Two on June 08, 2010, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

sounds awesome!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on June 08, 2010, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Thats awesome :) Never heard of it before

Posted by IloveDobby on June 08, 2010, 05:22 PM report to moderator

I live somewhat close to Galesburg! I think I might just have to make the trip, it would be worth it.

Posted by Stellar Sound on June 08, 2010, 10:04 PM report to moderator

Ron hovered behind the bookshelves for a while, watching Krum, debating in whispers with Harry whether he should ask for an autograph -- but then Ron realized that six or seven girls were lurking in the next row of books, debating exactly the same thing,