Padma Patil Actress' Family Charged with Assault

Legal
Posted by: Rosi
July 01, 2010, 07:58 PM

The father and brother of Afshan Azad appeared at Manchester Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, 29th June charged with threatening and assaulting the Padma Patil actress. BBC News states that 54-year-old Abdul Azad and 28-year-old son Ashraf Azad, have both been accused of threatening to kill Afshan at her home in Longsight, Manchester. Ashraf has also been charged for allegedly assaulting his sister.

The case was adjourned for committal proceedings and will continue on the 12th of July at Manchester Crown Court.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Legal News

17879-26957_thumb

I I am so sad to hear this and hope and pray tht Allah will send the angels to guide and protect her. Perhaps she will get a restraining order against them if they refuse to see right. There isn’t anywhere in our Holy Quran that says tht we should harm our children if we feel tht they aren’t “living right”. This is terrible and upsets me to think tht she has to live in such fear. she is such a wonderful actor and I don’t see why anyone would want to harm her. May Allah protect her.

Posted by molly43 on July 03, 2010, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Tongue_thumb

That’s terrible!!!!

Posted by siriuslover15 on July 03, 2010, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

oh my ,Thank the gods above she’s okay

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on July 04, 2010, 12:14 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Our thoughts are with you Afshan, hope you’re doing ok

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 04, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Iconavmeg_thumb

That’s really horrible.. Go I really hope she is ok. I read about it in my local newspaper, whom btw managed to put a picture of Katie Lounge
with it..

Posted by Cheimonas on July 04, 2010, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

sad :( Her father ?? Shame on him. trying to kill his own daughter

Posted by vandy[FTC] on July 05, 2010, 09:01 AM report to moderator

OMG i hope she’s ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Airallia on July 05, 2010, 11:42 AM report to moderator
3667972_thumb

Thats horrible… why would hey do that?

Posted by har1020 on July 05, 2010, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Creepy & nuts!!!

Posted by Won_Two on July 05, 2010, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

This is so wrong. Sadly, in some cultures, women are second class citizens. I hope these two men will be prosecuted and I pray for her safety and well being.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on July 06, 2010, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Untitled-1_thumb

I hope this all works out :(

Posted by Crom on July 07, 2010, 01:05 AM report to moderator

What ?That is so wrong. I hope that Afshan is ok. Poor her.

Posted by TheWaiter on July 07, 2010, 09:21 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

Ugh. That’s make me feel really sick :(

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on July 16, 2010, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Photo-41063_thumb

damn… not good =(

Posted by SiriusAboutPotter on September 05, 2010, 01:37 AM report to moderator
Here_lies_dobby_thumb

Thats terrible! I hope everything is ok.

Posted by Jenna27 on November 25, 2010, 06:29 PM report to moderator

"And there's a picture, Weasley!" said Malfoy, flipping the paper over and holding it up. "A picture of your parents outside their house -- if you can call it a house! Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn't she?"