Tom Felton Talks About Draco Malfoy in "Deathly Hallows"

Felton
Posted by: Mel
July 01, 2010, 04:18 AM

Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) has a new interview with MTV where he discusses both how he sees the character of Draco Malfoy overall, and how his character will be playing out in "Deathly Hallows":

"From my character's point of view, a lot has been left to interpretation," Felton said, pinpointing an important-yet-subtle moment from the final film, in which Draco is tasked with the painful decision of whether to help or hinder his nemesis' progress. "[There is] one take where you want to help Harry. The books, I think, kind of left it up to the interpretation of the reader, really, so one way you internally want to help him, the other side where you're just confused, so I'm intrigued to see which bits David [Yates] cuts out of it."
The rest of the article details Felton's opinion of Draco Malfoy's character, including how J. K. Rowling described him as "vulnerable." You can read more here and see the latest trailer for both parts of "Deathly Hallows" in our Video Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

First!!! Poor Tom. Must have been difficult for him.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 01, 2010, 04:47 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

poor thing it must have been very difficlt for him.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 01, 2010, 05:26 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

The article says he is sometimes a “vulnerable villain”. I’ve never seen him in tht light- just a bully and a confused/misguided person sometimes

Posted by molly43 on July 01, 2010, 06:05 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Difficult time for him…

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on July 01, 2010, 06:22 AM report to moderator

Love Tom, he’s always so lovely and kind. <3

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 01, 2010, 06:39 AM report to moderator
Untitled-1_copy_thumb

i think tom is the only actor who preforms like a real wizard

Posted by the_mudblood_prince on July 01, 2010, 07:22 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

god dammit! If they turn draco into the nice guys i’m going to scream…fangirls of course will go crazy!

I’ve never seen draco as reformed…he merely did what his did and hid it all from everyone and admitted defeat…

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on July 01, 2010, 07:42 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

epic spelling errors…

he merely did what his dad did

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on July 01, 2010, 07:43 AM report to moderator
Th_goficons-mmarauder-38_thumb

That moment when Draco is asked to identify the Trio at Malfoy Manor is my favorite Draco moment ever. I hope they don’t cut it!

Posted by mrh216 on July 01, 2010, 08:27 AM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

I’m really intrigued to see how they choose to portray Draco in the last movie, but I’m sure Tom did an amazing job as usual!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on July 01, 2010, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I do think that Draco is both a bully and vulnerable. You see that on film, especially in HBP. He is given a task but can’t fulfill it because he always seemed to be dealing with his inner turmoil. He seemed stressed out all the time. In the beginning of course he was nothing but a straight out bully but as he got older he became more complicated. Just like he said in the article, he has poor examples for parents. Harry has no parents but look at all the parental influences he has. I’m going to be very intrigued as well to see which scene they choose in DH.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on July 01, 2010, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Image

i agree with gryffindor cutie

Posted by magicmaniac on July 01, 2010, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

heart pounding. love this in HP: so much room for interpretation!
Fact of the matter is that for me only Voldemort was insurmountably evil.

Posted by devilskinn on July 01, 2010, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Samus_thumb

I love how seriously these guys take this movie. I don’t think you guys realize how easily this whole movie series could have failed. Tom’s right!

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on July 01, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Samus_thumb

Posted by Jaclyn {WBM} on July 01, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator

"Well, well, well," said the Fat Lady, "Violet's just told me everything. Who's just been chosen as school champion, then?"[br]"Balderdash," said Harry dully.[br]"It most certainly isn't!" said the pale witch indignantly.[br]"No, no, Vi, it's the password

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014