Ultimate Editions of "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Out on October 19th

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Mel
July 12, 2010, 09:37 PM

The DVD and Blu-ray Ultimate Editions of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" will be released on October 19th. The Ultimate Editions, which have already been released for the first two Harry Potter movies, feature expansive looks at the films. Each Ultimate Edition goes in-depth on a certain aspect of the Harry Potter movies, and the themes for the "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Ultimate Editions are "Creatures" and "Sound & Music":

Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 3: Creatures
Never-before-seen footage of the Creature Shop! Explore never revealed concept drawings, interviews with creators who describe the quest to create real creatures with emotional power to move the adventure forward. Go behind the scenes with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson as they interact with a marvelous menagerie from magnificent Buckbeak to malevolent Dementors. Watch creatures develop from page to sketch to model to screen. Discover how actors are transformed from humans to rats and werewolves. Witness Voldemort’s evolution from grotesque, infant-like creature to the Darkest Force of all.

Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 4: Sound & Music
For the first time, discover how musical themes for Harry, Hedwig, Luna and Lord Voldemort define each character’s identity. Learn how sound effects experts create the crunch of footsteps on snow and the whoosh of a flying broomstick. Visit recording studios and see how each composer brings his orchestral vision to the films. Plunge into fun as Daniel gets the sound of underwater. Feel the magic as music is added to a scene, intensifying the emotion and steering the story.

In addition, each Ultimate Edition comes with a photo book, and two "collectible character cards." You can read more about what comes with the "Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Goblet of Fire" Ultimate Editions here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Image

sweet and gonna get it

Posted by magicmaniac on July 13, 2010, 09:57 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

WTH! NOT EXTENDED EDITIONS? Then why would I even buy them? F—- YOU WB! You can take these so called “Ultimate Editions” and shove them! If they’re really not extended editions I’ll be furious. WTH are they thinking? GOF has the best deleted scenes and they make the movie even better as anyone who watched it on ABC Family over the weekend knows! This BS is just so ridiculous! I bought the first two Ultimate Editions on bluray and was super excited to get all of the rest, but if they’re not extended editions then I’m certainly not buying the rest just for some behind the scenes stuff that will end up all over YouTube anyway! To call them “Ultimate Editions” without them being extended editions is a JOKE!

UNBELIEVABLE! Grrr… I hate WB.

Posted by bella vita on July 13, 2010, 10:11 PM report to moderator
781875269_029f43fa6f_thumb

Awesome! I’m gonna get ’em!
Accio!

Posted by ashim_gryffindor (Roar!) on July 14, 2010, 02:42 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Well I love the Ultimate Editions but, I’m with everyone that’s kind of mystified by the lack of extended editions for these two movies. Surely they wouldnt release POA and GOF without the extended versions because, they are a lot of money but (imo) worth it for the extended versions, the extra behind the scenes stuff and, the cool book and cards. But, if there is no extended version of the movie, I cant see the logic because, otherwise they’re just selling the cool book and cards and, a bonus disc with bonus features. Anyhows I guess we will hear more details nearer to the release date.

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 14, 2010, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Boltav_thumb

Awesome! They come out on my birthday!! Can’t wait to get ’em!

Posted by nowhere89 on July 14, 2010, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_thumb

I love the extended edition, I think they are really good. The cover of the third is quite attractive.

Posted by Cho Chang on July 14, 2010, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Going to be released just in time for my birthday! Awesome!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on July 14, 2010, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

What! not extened ??? I love the extened edition!!!!!…..sigh….But I’ll buy it anyway!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on July 15, 2010, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

I am really torn by the lack of extended editions :(

Posted by KC Nox on July 16, 2010, 11:25 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I don’t understand why they aren’t extended. That is why most of us want to buy them. :::sigh::

Posted by Figment on July 17, 2010, 01:01 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

Oh, I want those :)

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on July 17, 2010, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Cool. cant wit for them to be out. im just longing for the extras.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 17, 2010, 08:13 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

blu ray for me good ladies and gentlemen cant wait

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on July 18, 2010, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I’ll pass on these…

Posted by Won_Two on July 21, 2010, 02:44 PM report to moderator

FYI the first two Ultimate Blu-rays are reqion free (as are just about all WB Blu-rays), so will play on UK machines. They work fine on my UK PS3.

I, for one, will not be buying PoA and GoF is they are not extended editions.

Posted by Czytt on August 22, 2010, 11:55 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I cannot make you take Sirius Black seriously. But I would have thought that what you have heard when the dementors draw near you would have had more of an effect on you. Your parents gave their lives to keep you alive, Harry. A poor way to repay them --