Harry Potter Alliance Wins $250,000 in the Chase Community Giving Challenge

Charity
Posted by: Melissa
July 13, 2010, 01:05 PM

Unbelievable news today. THANKS TO YOU the Harry Potter Alliance has won $250,000 in the Chase Community Giving Challenge.

"This is the only time I have no quotes," said Andrew Slack, head of the organization. Slack is known for having a quote for anything at any given time.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by keltek {WBM!} OoM4 on July 13, 2010, 09:51 PM report to moderator

Lets think about the work ahead. WE can make a difference!

Posted by Glowstick on July 13, 2010, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Iconator_6f49d3d21092e00bd5143836ef5b871a_thumb

that is so awesome way to go hpa

Posted by lizzardbreath on July 13, 2010, 10:01 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Yay congratulations!!!!!!! I voted :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on July 13, 2010, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! THIS IS SUCH EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on July 13, 2010, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! IM SO HAPPY THIS IS SO EXCITING!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on July 13, 2010, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

This is why the HP fandom is so amazing. We help out causes that we know are doing great things in the world. Not to say that the other charities aren’t doing great things, I’m just biased toward HP. Look at what we did with Haiti, and now this? We have the “magic” to do so much more and I’m truly honored to be a part of it all. Congrats HP Alliance!

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on July 13, 2010, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

I am proud to say i voted, and spent days begging people to vote, getting up early, working hard on a spreadsheet, and going to bed late..and MAN am i hungover….

Posted by ProfessorAlice on July 13, 2010, 11:57 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

YAY for the HPA!!! I’m so happy they won! I voted and helped to spread the word and I’m glad they got it! :D

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 14, 2010, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

Freaking Awesome. It makes me feel my vote mattered :)

Posted by akcorr on July 14, 2010, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

That is nothing less than fantastic! This community…. It is just amazing! Amazing people all over this place :)

Posted by Nicci Weasley on July 14, 2010, 03:13 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

awesome. i luv the no quotes

Posted by MaggieNoise on July 14, 2010, 06:45 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Many congratulations!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 14, 2010, 06:54 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW !!! that is AWESOME!!!! I am also glad that I voted, and was able to help out a tiny bit!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on July 14, 2010, 07:53 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

wow thats awwesome!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on July 14, 2010, 08:11 AM report to moderator

Five of Charlie's fellow keepers staggered up to the Horntail at that moment, carrying a clutch of huge granite-gray eggs between them in a blanket. They placed them carefully at the Horntail's side. Hagrid let out a moan of longing.[br]"I've got them cou