Confirmed: Dan Radcliffe to Star as Arthur Kipps in "The Woman in Black" (Updated)

Radcliffe
Posted by: Rosi
July 19, 2010, 01:05 PM

Update: A number of casting rumours had surfaced over the weekend that Dan Radcliffe would be starring in a 2011 film adaptation of The Woman in Black. We can now report that this rumour is actually true, thanks to our Order Partner DanRadcliffe.com who obtained confirmation from an official press release at HeyUGuys.co.uk. Producer Simon Oakes is quoted saying he can think of "no better actor to play the role of Arthur Kipps" than Daniel Radcliffe. Director James Watkins also spoke about the Harry Potter actor:

“’When I met Dan, it was quite uncanny how closely our thoughts on the story mirrored each other: I can’t wait to get down to work with him to fashion a compelling character and a classy ghost story that tugs at the heart and chills to the bone,” says James Watkins.

Radcliffe himself described Jane Goldman's script as "beautifully written - both tender and terrifying in equal measure" and said that he was "incredibly excited" to be a part of the film. According to the press release, production on "The Woman in Black" is due to begin this autumn. The film is produced by Simon Oakes for Exclusive Media Group's Hammer Films label and Richard Jackson at Talisman Films.

Arthur Kipps is a young lawyer who glimpses a woman dressed entirely in black as he works in the isolated home of a recently deceased client. A stage play adaptation of the thriller has been running in London's West End since 1989.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

9013438_thumb

wow! I am not much on horror but this play is awesome. I saw it in a black box theater in college, I had to ask other people in the theater if they used fog machines because the acting was so convincing that I swear that I saw things that I didn’t. No there was no fog…it was just a black stage. I am sure a movie version is bound to be scary. Good for him if he gets this role. It will be different and its a good play.

Posted by carebie on July 19, 2010, 02:38 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Wow. great Dan. Hope its true

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on July 19, 2010, 04:57 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I think this film might be a bit too scary for me! But Dan has become a good actor, and there shouldn’t be any problem believing in him as another character. He was very touching as Rudyard Kipling’s son in the TV drama ‘My Boy Jack’.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 19, 2010, 05:27 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I’ve already seen Dan in a couple of other things since he became Harry (My Boy Jack and December Boys) I have no problem seeing him as something else other than Harry, I hope this rumour turns out to be true, it could be a good role for him.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on July 19, 2010, 05:49 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

That’s good to hear, moglet. I totally forgot about December Boys! Meant to see it and never did. Guess I know what I’m renting tonight!

Posted by Silvery Doe on July 19, 2010, 09:26 AM report to moderator
Helenabonhamcarterbellatrix_thumb

this would be very ironic if Dan did star in this as aurthur kidd. in the original version for bbc back in the 80’s Adrian Rawlings who plays James Potter stared as Arthur Kidd. ive seen it and its very creepy.

Posted by geminidreamatl29 on July 19, 2010, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

Haha, I think that I’ll always see him as Harry when he plays another character ___

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on July 19, 2010, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Did GCSE english on this and it’s an absolutely amazing story, I hope he is in it because it would be an amazing role for him but i kinda hope he isn’t because i said i would watch anything he is in but that will be one scary film! Reading it was bad enough!

Posted by spiritbound on July 19, 2010, 10:16 AM report to moderator

Awesome if true. Dan is being very astute with his choices of project. WiB is an excellent old fashioned and very creepy story. The play gave me the chills. Also hope the other rumour about All Quiet… is true though this one seems to be closer to being properly confirmed according to danradcliffe.com.

Like the irony of ‘James Potter’ being in the original film.

Posted by anne1 on July 19, 2010, 10:55 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Well Dan has starred in multiple non-HP movies so, I dont think that it will be weird to see him in another role.

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 19, 2010, 11:36 AM report to moderator

This young man is going to need a nap very soon.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on July 19, 2010, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

Hhmm, I wonder if this is true? I guess we’ll find out soon.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on July 19, 2010, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

well i hope its true..
it would be really good for him:-)
hope he keeps his good work..

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on July 19, 2010, 01:41 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awww I’m so proud puts hand on heart Yay! Dan!!! :D

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on July 19, 2010, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Gryffindor_thumb

Dan has also appeared on “december boys” another film before

Posted by Voldy Killer on July 19, 2010, 02:45 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

They were looking straight into the eyes of a monstrous dog, a dog that filled the whole space between ceiling and floor. It had three heads. Three pairs of rolling, mad eyes; three noses, twitching and quivering in their direction; three drooling mouths