"Deathly Hallows" Footage Shown at Comic Con; LeakyMug Coverage of the Event Now Online

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
July 24, 2010, 08:36 PM

As we reported below, Leaky and MuggleNet were on hand at Comic Con 2010 in San Diego, California today to cover the WB panel about the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  Our own Melissa Anelli and MuggleCast's Andrew Sims recorded a special edition LeakyMug to discuss the news and events surrounding this panel, as well as give a rundown of the new slew of "Deathly Hallows" footage which were shown at the event.  The LeakyMug is now available via our iTunes feed, as well as via direct download here.  Be forewarned, this podcast (and the rest of this post) will contain spoilers from the final installments of the Harry Potter films.

In this LeakyMug, Melissa and Andrew discuss the new footage, which includes glimpses of:
  • Dead Dumbledore in the tomb
  • Nagini
  • Bellatrix holding Harry
  • Harry and Ron Fighting
  • The Seven Potters
  • The Wedding
  • Harry and Hagrid driving through Hogwarts
  • Snape meeting with Voldemort
  • Death Eaters at Malfoy Manor
  • Death Eaters congregating
  • Rufus Scrimgeour
  • Harry and Hagrid on the motorbike.
Keep watch on the @Leaky and @MuggleNetLive for continuous updates.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

P4093399_thumb

Why hasn’t someone posted the clips online yet???? What happened?

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on July 25, 2010, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Dracoscheda_thumb

I don’t understand how there can be footage of Pirates of the Caribbean 4 already online, but there isn’t a thing from Harry Potter. Grrrrr. This is aggravating! I want to see something, at least.

Posted by Veritaserum (HP Freak) on July 25, 2010, 12:58 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.I’m still going crazy!!!<333 I need the footage!!! I’ve been waiting to long for DH I’m not gonna be able to wait much longer!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on July 25, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator

I stayed up all night to see the HP presentation at comic con with my wife, a truly devoted HP fan. Although the footage was cool, it was easily the worst presentation out of all those at the comic con (I went to more than 10 movie/tv panels). All fans should be angry at HP for manipulating their enthusiasm to market their other upcoming crappy films. What a bunch of ungrateful bastards?!

Posted by sdfan on July 25, 2010, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

i can’t find it anywhere…man i really need to find this…

Posted by hermy007 on July 25, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.Give me footage or give me death.Hahahaha just kidding I can’t die before DH but arrrgh!! :D <33333

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on July 25, 2010, 03:22 PM report to moderator
A100fangirls_thumb

I was hoping that someone would have posted it online.

Posted by MakoRain {WBM} on July 25, 2010, 06:35 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I’d head over to Mugglenet, you should see the frenzy over there. 55 Leaky comments? Pfft try Mugglenet 364 on this very same topic

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 25, 2010, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Man, am I glad that we now have a great idea of what will be in the movies! I am so glad that they are showing the wedding, and that Malfoy Manor is in. This will be an awesome set of movies!!!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on July 25, 2010, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_007_thumb

really really really need to see the footage! ;( ;(

Posted by mmmDraco;x {^HISS^} ☮♡ϟ on July 25, 2010, 07:32 PM report to moderator

mugglenet is pretty ridiculous right now but i gotta give this brandon kid props:

“Posted by: Brandon
Warner Bros. in cool, calm Voldemort voice: Dear Potter fans, for over a decade now you have complained to us about cut material from the books, about… such petty things as the shape of necklaces being incorrect, character’s hair not being long enough or short enough, so on and so forth. Yet here today, every last one of you seem to be on your filthy Mudblood hands and knees, begging for repentance and forgiveness. With virtually no grievance, however, I must report that this is your punishment for all these years of bickering and never being satisfied with any of the choices we have made. Now. Go on. Bury your pride with dignity.”

Posted by hallows or horcruxes? on July 25, 2010, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_logo_thumb

So in a few words they’re not going to post the footage online because we’ve complained a lot? I find it unfair. I want to see that footage; not everybody can go to Comic-Con, some of us live in other countries.

Posted by Ccysf. (*ROAR!*) on July 25, 2010, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

@Ccysf, that’s just a funny post from a fan who does not fail to see the irony in this situation (my kudos to him, it was very funny).

The reason why WB doesn’t release the footage has probably more to due with Comic-Con retaining some rights to it, or something along those lines.

Posted by Iceholic on July 25, 2010, 08:19 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

lol @ hallows or horcruxes? Great post! I loved the LeakyMugg podcast. Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Maybe I’m the only one, but I don’t want to see the footage played at comic con. I feel like I’ve seen too much already. Seeing so many photos and video clips from HBP kinda spoiled the movie a bit so I hope they don’t put out much DH footage or I might be tempted!

Posted by Silvery Doe on July 25, 2010, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Queensguest_thumb

Silvery Doe, I understand what you mean about HBP being spoiled for everyone with the excess of clips, featurettes, and trailers. However, they delayed that movie for 6 months, so I understand why the market was so saturated with previews. It did dampen some of the surprises, but I still want to see what they saw yesterday, since it seemed amazing.

Posted by BuffyXO {WBM} on July 25, 2010, 09:05 PM report to moderator

"Ah well," said Ron, throwing the Cloak back over Hermione. "Worth a try, but you were a bit obvious --"[br]"Well, next time you can show me how it's done, Master of Mystery!" she snapped.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014