Dan Radcliffe Apologizes For Not Being at Comic-Con

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
July 27, 2010, 04:39 AM

In a new interview with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) the actor expressed his regret for not attending this weekend's Comic-Con:

"I apologize to all the wishful thinkers for my disappointing non-presence," Radcliffe said Monday by phone from London.
The actor, who has finished some post-production voice work on the last "Potter" film, says he is still grappling a bit with the concept that he will never wear the robes of Hogwarts on screen again. He still cares deeply about "Potter" fans, though -- he sounded genuinely distressed to hear for the first time about the wildfire rumors that led fans to believe he would be at the San Diego pop-culture expo that wrapped up on Sunday.
"Really? Oh, God, I had no idea. I suppose it's like when I'm at Reading Festival and I hear that suddenly some amazing band is going to play a surprise gig and then it turns out to be total fiction."
Later in the article he also discusses a comment Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) made at Comic-Con about how he cried on the last day of shooting:

"You know what, I'd love to libel him and call it a lie, but, darn, he's absolutely right. We all three of us -- me, Rupert and Emma -- we just wept. And I've never seen Rupert Grint cry. That was really weird."

You can read more here. You can download Leaky and Mugglenet's joint coverage of the Harry Potter Comic-Con panel at our iTunes feed, or directly download it here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Unknown_thumb

Aw that almost made me cry when he said Emma,Rupert, and him were crying at the end.

Yay first comment =]

Posted by Katie_Lily on July 27, 2010, 05:16 AM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

agree with katie…its really sad:( they won’t be anymore seen wearing the hogwarts robes..

yup m 2nd:-)

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on July 27, 2010, 05:33 AM report to moderator

I so so so so so so so so so hope they’ll show their reactions to the end of filming in the DH dvd!!!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 27, 2010, 05:40 AM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

agree with katie it’s awful to end

Posted by Emmaria on July 27, 2010, 05:41 AM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

That’s so sad!!!!!

Posted by CDR on July 27, 2010, 06:17 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Of course they wept – it truly is the end of an era. :o( I think it’s great that Dan and Tom Felton don’t mind admitting it. (Rupert needs a hug!)

The_golden_snitch_thumb

Oooh, that’s so sad that they cried, maybe I will cry too when I realise that this is all over.

Posted by hermione97 on July 27, 2010, 06:32 AM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

I don’t blame them for crying, I’ll be in floods, and that’s just me being a fan, they’ve lived this story!

Posted by eccentricalice on July 27, 2010, 07:05 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I really hope it’s going to be on the DVD. I would love to see that! and cry with them!

Posted by Matea on July 27, 2010, 07:42 AM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

I so wish that they’ll include the last day of filming in the dvd edition… (and not in the special-deluxe-i-don’t-know-how-they-have-named-it edition but in the dvd that we all buy!!)

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on July 27, 2010, 07:57 AM report to moderator

He didn’t have to appologise …Dan’s real fans know it was his birthday time and we wouldn’t have expected him to be at a convention,we were so glad he got to see St.Petersburg ,he has longed to go there for so long
and that he had a fantastic ! birthday time.( would love to see that city myself)
WB said the major stars were not going to be there…he is so kind to have done so….and love he has no problem admitting his tears over the end of filming and leaving his HP Family behind.
I think all of us will be in tears when we see the last film….not just the
Dan,Emma, and Rupert.

Posted by Jeannine on July 27, 2010, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

Danial Radcliffe is an AWESOME person and Actor, All of his fans understood his not being there, I hope he had an AWESOME 21st Birthday celebration!!! I also know that it must have been very hard for ALL of the Actors on the last day of shooting, Dan, Rupert, & Emma have gotten pretty close in friendship and I am sure that they will keep in touch with each other as well as all of the other actors that have been there since the very beginning of the Harry Potter Movies!!! We all need to thank J. K..Rowling, because if it had not been for her, the books and Movies made from the books would probably never have happened!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on July 27, 2010, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

Yeah geez, I get choked up watching the trailer!

Posted by realspace on July 27, 2010, 09:34 AM report to moderator

i cried when i heard he cried. i feel like the new movie is causing me to do a lot of weeping lately – i dont want it to ever end!! :’(

Posted by iamlordcarinax on July 27, 2010, 10:00 AM report to moderator

Posted by iamlordcarinax on July 27, 2010, 10:00 AM report to moderator

"I am [i]not[/i] joking, Mr. Weasley," he said, "though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar..."[br]Professor McGonagall cleared her throat loudly.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014