Radcliffe Talks "The Woman In Black"

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 29, 2010, 01:06 PM

The LA Times has a lengthy interview with actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) online this morning in which the young actor discuses his plans post-Potter, chiefly the forthcoming film adaptation of "The Woman in Black." The first in a line of projects Radclifffe reveals he is "quite pleased" to begin, "The Woman in Black" will allow the actor to troubled father, a role, the Times relates, 'step up and away from the “Potter” image that has dominated his public persona.'  On this challenge, Radcliffe notes:

“It worries me, but the challenge is to look like a dad and a young father. If I get that right, that is something that immediately separates me from Harry,” Radcliffe said. “The script is so good and the characters are so clear, there is actually reduced pressure on me to be constantly ‘different,’ if you know what I mean; in other words, once people are into the story, they’ll be watching this really compelling movie and will stop — I hope — thinking about me.”
Regarding the adaptation itself, he goes on to say:
"When I met first met James Watkins, our director, he told me about a quote of Stanley Kubrick’s, which was that all films about the afterlife or ghosts are innately consoling.  I think there’s something about that that is very true to our story. While it is a horror story and it is very frightening, it’s also about loss and grief. I read it on a plane, and I don’t know what the people around me must have thought. I kept jumping and gasping..."
The article goes on to note that production for the film is slated to begin in the fall, and, as the actor relates, test an audiences' impression of his abilities: "People really have only ever seen my face with glasses on it ... that’s going to change in this movie."

The full piece can be read via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Penguin_thumb

Nice to see him trying to experiment before he is permenately stuck and stereotyped in the role of Harry.

Posted by Luna Creevey on July 30, 2010, 06:35 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

That would be one for my husband – he likes horror movies. I don’t I might look at it but I couldn’t say. But for sure Dan has nothing to prove. He is a really good actor – glasses or no. I think people have seen him enough in public without glasses to recognize him on film.

Posted by molly43 on July 30, 2010, 12:01 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Good for Dan – looks like he had fun celebrating his 21st – can’t blame him for letting his hair down!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 30, 2010, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

All the best Dan! I’m excited to see him in different roles… he is a great actor.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 30, 2010, 04:25 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

We know you can do it, Dan. You are a good actor after all.

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on July 31, 2010, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Good luck!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on August 01, 2010, 07:56 PM report to moderator
36921_400364969929_111059839929_4393605_1659110_n_thumb

really cool….he’s a very good actor, lol!!!

Posted by lauren_nick95 on August 06, 2010, 09:03 AM report to moderator
36921_400364969929_111059839929_4393605_1659110_n_thumb

really cool….he’s a very good actor, lol!!!

Posted by lauren_nick95 on August 06, 2010, 09:03 AM report to moderator
36921_400364969929_111059839929_4393605_1659110_n_thumb

really cool….he’s a very good actor, lol!!!

Posted by lauren_nick95 on August 06, 2010, 09:03 AM report to moderator

He is a great actor and the variety of roles for film and stage that he has chosen proves that.
Best to you Dan in all you do.

Posted by hewy on August 06, 2010, 05:02 PM report to moderator

...Harry moved slowly toward the hippogriff and reached out toward it. He patted the beak several times and the hippogriff closed its eyes lazily, as though enjoying it.[br]The class broke into applause , all except for Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle, who were