HPA For the Win - Take Five Minutes to Help the HP Alliance Change the World

Charity
Posted by: Melissa
July 06, 2010, 12:27 AM

Our friends at the Harry Potter Alliance are currently closing in on the lead for the Chase Community Giving Challenge, an effort which allows people from around the world to help allocate $5 million to hundreds of thousands of charities around the country. The HPA is in the running for the $250,000 prize, which will be awarded to the charity which receives the most votes right here.

With those funds, the HPA websites notes that the charity will be able to, "improve Literacy, LGBT Rights, AND build an Online Coalition of Fandoms, Youtube Communities, and Organizations. No one has ever before brought communities like these together and the one time we have, we raised over $123,000 for Haiti. Human rights and fighting global warming continue to lack the kind of energy and enthusiasm that we will bring to the table. Ready to see a game changer in the world of social activism? If we win the $250,000 prepare to see a massive shift!"

Voting, which takes no more than thirty seconds, is open now and runs through July 12th. Vote here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

The-moose_thumb

Well like Moglet I joined Facebook just because of the HPA vote. I hadnt looked at my profile so, I didnt realize it shows me email address? The reason that I hadnt joined Facebook sooner was because of the privacy and security issues sigh Anyhows it was worth it to vote for the HPA. I sure hope that they win.

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 06, 2010, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

i love how all this started with an magical idea(:

Posted by ProfessorAlice on July 06, 2010, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I really admire HPA for all they do for charity. They work so hard, it’s really wonderful.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on July 06, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

I’ve voted! To the people saying Facebook shows your email, you can change your security settings so your email is not shown to anyone. You can also change your settings so only people you add as friends can see your profile picture and other information. Just click Account > Privacy settings > Customise settings and then select who you want to see your information.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on July 06, 2010, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Just voted! It was a bit confusing and I got a couple error messages before it actually worked.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on July 06, 2010, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I really wish I could I vote, afterall it’s for a good cause. But the problem is that I don’t have facebook…..and I don’t want one right now.

Choco_dementor_thumb

I voted a couple of days ago, good luck HPA!!!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on July 06, 2010, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

For those who are joining Facebook just to vote for HPA, I would recommend setting up a dummy e-mail account before joining Facebook. When I recently created a new account, I noticed that Facebook automatically looks through your contacts (or address book) on your e-mail in order to find friends. Also, as soon as you set up the account, you can set everything to “Just Me” under the “Customize” label if you don’t want anyone to see your info.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on July 06, 2010, 11:55 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

woo

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on July 07, 2010, 12:04 AM report to moderator

I’m not sure that I actually voted…can someone send me an owl with how to do it? I mean I “liked” chase community giving on facebook and clicked the “vote now” green banner next to the HP Alliance name on the page but I never actually clicked any buttons that said “vote”…I feel like such an idiot for being in this generation but honestly is that how you do it?

Posted by Another Weasley on July 07, 2010, 02:20 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

HPA FTW!!!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on July 07, 2010, 02:59 AM report to moderator
Gred2_thumb

can we vote more than once?

Posted by cenyt on July 07, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

That is very admirable of them!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 07, 2010, 04:19 PM report to moderator

"[Cedric's] that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" said Angelina.[br]"Strong and silent," said Katie, and they started to giggle again.[br]"He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together," said Fred impatiently.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014