Dan Radcliffe Interviewed at Movie-Con III (Updated with Images)

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
August 14, 2010, 08:44 PM

Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) was interviewed at Movie-Con III, where he discussed, among other topics, finishing filming "Deathly Hallows":

Are you done?
“Yes, we finished. I promised myself it wouldn’t end on green screen but inevitably it did. The last shot was us jumping through the screen onto a mat.
Were you in bits?
“Not then but afterwards. I’ve never seen Rupert Grint cry before; it was weird. It was like seeing your Dad cry. But now we’re on to new things and I’m looking forward to the future. I’m very excited about The Woman In Black. I think James (Watkins) is great; he’s going to be the next Chris Nolan I think.”

In addition Radcliffe talks about his experience of watching the earlier Harry Potter movies:
Have you watched the films on DVD?
“I do, but I rarely watch them. I have two friends – just two! – and one wants me to play the Lego Harry potter game with him, and the other wants me to give him an uncensored commentary with them sometime."
So a Potter-thon?
“No! I do get really embarrassed watching the early one. I was talking to Emma on set once on set and saying how bad we were, and we were on mike, and suddenly I heard Mike Newell [director of "Goblet of Fire"] shout, “You got it because you were both BLOODY ADORABLE”.

Radcliffe also goes on to talk about what role he would want to play if Harry Potter were remade 30 or 50 years from now, the experience of filming "Deathly Hallows," and the helpful direction of David Yates, who has been the director of the Harry Potter movies since "Order of the Phoenix."

In addition, there was a clip shown at Movie-Con III, and a description of the clip is at the end of the interview:

Then we saw an action-packed bit of footage, with a few fresh snippets that weren’t in the trailer: six of Harry’s friends turning into Polyjuice Potion doppelgangers to get him safely out of the Dursley’s home; the attack on Fleur and Bill’s wedding reception; Harry and Ron fighting in the tent when they’re on the run and Voldemort heading up a council of Death Eaters at Malfoy Manor. And then lots and lots of intense action, including an extended look at the run through the woods with Death Eaters in close pursuit. OMG it totally looks awesome.

As of now there is no video of this clip online. You can read the rest of the article here.

Update: You can now see pictures of Dan Radcliffe attending Movie-Con III here in our Image Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

OH MH GOSH! 95 days to it’s Deathly Hallows time. Hoo!! Can’t wait to see, I’m so excited but at the same time so sad of it. :’(

Posted by blessi on August 15, 2010, 09:13 AM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

Posted by blessi on August 15, 2010, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Image

sssssssssssooooooooooooooooo cccccccccccoooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!! luv it. i cant watch wat i make for my acting i either i get embrassed

Posted by magicmaniac on August 15, 2010, 09:48 AM report to moderator
__thumb

God I am gonna be crying after I’ve watched Deathly Hallows part 2. Everyone is gonna be really upset :(

Posted by Hermione-Stranger2301 on August 15, 2010, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

Actually, I thought he would have said Snape as the role in a remake…we know that is actually the juicier bit, and would be a huge break from the Harry image…..

Posted by budb on August 15, 2010, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so can’t wait!!!…..but I don’t want it to end!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on August 15, 2010, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

Bloody adorable is right !! Oh cripes, these kids were sooo cute and now they are all so handsome and beautiful ! It has been so wonderful watching them grow…sniff

I wish them all luck and success in their future endeavors. I was watching " Driving Lessons " with Rupert Grint and Julie Walters last week and I just laughed and laughed. They work SO well together , I hope they do another film soon.

• sigh ** I really do not want to see this all end.
Posted by Hinkypunkmum on August 15, 2010, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Emma-watson-20080610-422283_thumb

Oh my God only 95 days and then I am watching the last potter movie I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU

Posted by sarita476 on August 15, 2010, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Want to see the clip!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 15, 2010, 12:12 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

Where are the damn trailers? How is it that Whatever Con III as new clips but not Warner Bros?

Posted by taoist1 on August 15, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

hahah.Dan called Rupert dad XD

Posted by Matea on August 15, 2010, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

It just makes me want to see DH more and more. I can’t wait!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on August 15, 2010, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I really wish Harry Potter hadn’t ended………now all I have to live life for is science……….
I know Harry Potter will be remade thirty or fifty years from now, my friends don’t believe…….but they will one day.

1980 Points

haha they were bloody adorable.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on August 15, 2010, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Oh..Rupert in tears..awww

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on August 15, 2010, 06:06 PM report to moderator

"Half the f-f-family's in the Order, it'll b-b-be a miracle if we all come through this... and P-P-Percy's not talking to us... What if something d-d-dreadful happens and we had never m-m-made up? And what's going to happen if Arthur and I get killed, who