Actors in the News Weekly Roundup

HP Cast
Posted by: Rosi
August 24, 2010, 12:58 PM

The Harry Potter cast have been busy over the last fortnight, with everything from music festivals to award ceremonies. Firstly, Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) attended V Festival over the weekend and gave a number of interviews. Thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net we can let you know about a new interview Scottish newspaper The Daily Record conducted with Grint in which the actor speaks briefly about how he's finding the end of his time on the Harry Potter films and the uncertainty of future projects. You can find the interview via this link, and can find links to further new interviews Grint had with The Telegraph and Metro right here.

Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) appeared at the Teen Choice Awards on the 8th of August, where he won four awards including Choice Male Movie Star for "Eclipse". Photos from the Teen Choice Awards can now be found here in our galleries.

Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) is in talks to write a brand new Peter Rabbit story in celebration of the 110th birthday of the very first Peter Rabbit story by the late Beatrix Potter. BBC News has a quote from the actress about the new project, commenting that she is "going to take [Peter Rabbit] to Scotland." You can read more on the BBC website at this link.

Thompson also attended the New York premiere of "Nanny McPhee Returns" (distributed elsewhere as "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang"); images from the red carpet and of the actress at the premiere can be found here in our galleries.

Lastly, according to Doctor Who Magazine, Pooky Quesnel, the voice behind Moaning Myrtle in the "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" video game is to star in the 2010 Doctor Who Christmas special. As we told you previously, Michael Gambon (Albus Dumbledore) will also star in this episode. Many thanks, nellythemarrow!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Raven_avatar_thumb

Good roundup… Interesting stuff…

Posted by Won_Two on August 24, 2010, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Interesting about Rupert. Thought is that if he doesn’t have success in future roles, to me it wouldn’t be a bad way to be remembered. He will always have the Harry Potter series to be proud of and how many people can say that.

Want to go see Nanny McPhee 2.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on August 24, 2010, 01:27 PM report to moderator
C58fa320cc8111e280a722000a9e28dc_7_thumb

I wonder if they’ll be much info on the cast, after DH Part 2 and once all the movies are down showing and stuff. I really hope they do something extra special for fans once the ‘era’ is COMPLETELY over (Although, I don’t think HP will ever dissappear). The cast is brilliant, completely brilliant and I can’t wait to see the premiere of DH Part 1. I’m sure it’ll be awesome. :)

Posted by jammjcpotter on August 24, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator
C58fa320cc8111e280a722000a9e28dc_7_thumb

**done

Posted by jammjcpotter on August 24, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

Cool round up!
Gotta read Rupert’s interviews …
Don’t give a Knut ‘bout Twilight (*vomits on Patterson’s face* lol) …
LOVE Nanny McPhee 1&2 and Emma Thomson is a great actress …
AND I am Doctor Who (as well as HP) crazy!!! Good news!

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on August 24, 2010, 02:09 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Very cool about Rupert. Who really cares about Twilight? Very nice though! I’m gonna look up the interviews.

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on August 24, 2010, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Imagescaz0ju4o_thumb

I agree with JCPotter, HP will never end! I’ll totally read it to my future kids!

Posted by casweasley on August 24, 2010, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Thanks, Leaky, for an informative round-up. It must be hard to go different ways when you have worked together with friends for ten years. I hope that Rupert and the others keep in touch with each other. I wish them all the best!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on August 24, 2010, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_15_thumb

im sick of the lack of harry potter news!! >:( im soooo bored waiting for something good to happen within the fandom!!! frankly, its getting a little boring when all the news thats about is that of the actors other acting engagements such as nanny mcfee and cherrybomb!! INFURIATING!!!

Posted by harraí on August 24, 2010, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Untitled-1_copy_thumb

not interesting enough for me

Posted by the_mudblood_prince on August 24, 2010, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Cool! Good news!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 24, 2010, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thanks for the news guys

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on August 24, 2010, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

haha Moaning myrtle made the news

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on August 24, 2010, 08:39 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

That is so cool about Emma Thompson, i used to love the Beatrix Potter books when i was a child.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on August 24, 2010, 10:42 PM report to moderator
123456-9_thumb

love Robert Pattinson…

Posted by wittywitchsteph on August 25, 2010, 04:49 AM report to moderator

"I'll make it," Lockhart butted in. "I must have done it a hundred times. I could whip up a Mandrake Restorative Draught in my sleep --"[br]"Excuse me," said Snape icily. "But I believe I am the Potions master at this school."[br]There was a very awkward