Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 82 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
August 29, 2010, 02:26 AM

There are now only 82 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"Come out of there with your hands up!" came a rasping voice through the darkness. "We know you're in there! You've got half a dozen wands pointing at you and we don't care who we curse!"
     - Fenrir Greyback
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Deathly Hallows"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dumbledore_thumb

God that part is scary! I was thinking BLOODY HELL!

Posted by Cho Chang on August 29, 2010, 09:45 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Greyback thinks he’s all-that-and-a-bag of chips but really he’s just a bully who’s very low in the pecking order. In the Malfoy Manor scenes, we see that no one is safe from Voldermort’s wrath as the Malfoy’s are broken and downtrodden and probably regretting their involvement with the Deatheaters. That, I appreciated.

Posted by Silvery Doe on August 29, 2010, 09:53 AM report to moderator

It was so… Scary! It certainly made you even more worried for the Trio!!!

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on August 29, 2010, 10:15 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

As I was reading this, my mind kept screaming, “Oh NO, oh NO!!!!”

Posted by Lillylove on August 29, 2010, 10:33 AM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

I had the weirdest ‘Deathly Hallows’ dream last night. The trio were taking a break and getting some food at a muggle store across from a beach. Hermione was talking on a cell phone outside with her mum (which wouldn’t make sense because of obvious circumstances). Then all of a sudden it became very cold, glaciers began to form in the water and it began to snow. Some odd masks in the shop began to talk, Harry and Ron knew magic was involved and they run outside to find Death Eaters converging on the scene. The trio then disapparated running into the wall of a nearby shop and came out from another wall in a tiny Irish village. Then the whole thing switched to Harry and me looking for an apartment. Told you it was weird.

Posted by PaintTheSky on August 29, 2010, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

ohmygosh when Harry said Voldemort right before this quote my heart like skipped a few beats, i still shiver when he says it…

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on August 29, 2010, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Mebeingfabulous_thumb

I felt the need to pee myself when I read this part of the book. Well… maybe not quite, but you get it.

Posted by literarynerd on August 29, 2010, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Mebeingfabulous_thumb

Posted by literarynerd on August 29, 2010, 11:47 AM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

I have to agree with Astha, with this part being a “heartbeat-skipping moment”. With the snatchers, death eaters, and being captured and taken to Malfoy Manor it was definitely very scary. I was getting worried at this part in the book whether they would get out of it, but of coarse most of the book was still left so i knew something would happen to save the trio. As to the lines i bet Greyback would have been killed if Voldemort found out that he cursed Harry Potter. (or again maybe not).
P.S. I think they’re beginning to fall behind with the quotes. Wasn’t this supposed to be yesterdays?

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on August 29, 2010, 11:56 AM report to moderator

Greyback is definitely a scary character.

Posted by on August 29, 2010, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

…..and we don’t care who we curse…..{shiver}

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 29, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Haruna_thumb

I was like NO you can’t capture Harry!

Posted by Amber_Dale on August 29, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

now that’s a creepy picture. ive never actually seen that one before, or maybe i just have a bad memory. i remember thinking right at this part, oh crap, what are they going to do now? when hermione was being tortured, i was trying to convince myself that j.k wouldn’t kill her off, but that was hard considering bellatrix was the one doing the torturing and harry and ron couldn’t escape the cellar…when dobby came, i was completely floored. i absolutely can’t wait to see this on film! this is going to be one of the top scenes ill be looking for in part 1. 81 days!

Posted by hermy007 on August 29, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I second jimmalou78 ‘s comment that Greyback is as big a bad guy as Voldemort and Bellatrix. He may wield a lot less power in the Death Eater hierarchy, but I actually found him more frightening in a way, and definitely more disgusting. Voldemort’s evil nature to me seems so absolute as to be almost abstract – he’s a ‘personification of Evil’ like the Devil or Sauron, so as a reader I just experience him as a sort of metaphor. And Bella’s sadism and slavish devotion to Voldemort are so over-the-top that she becomes almost a cartoon baddie – especially as portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter. The physical descriptions of Greyback, on the other hand, with his breath smelling like blood and the sores around his mouth and so on, along with his statements about wanting to eat children, are so repulsive that they give me a real visceral sense of revulsion everytime I read those passages. The photo of his makeup in the movie does not nearly capture the creepiness of that character as I envision him.

And writing this just made me realize a parallel construct that I hadn’t noted before: Greyback’s drooling over Hermione’s soft skin as a really sick echo of the scene in the Gryffindor dormitory where Ron awkwardly says that Hermione has ‘nice skin’ (I think that’s only in the movie version, though).

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on August 29, 2010, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Crew_bottom_thumb

hahaha that my favorite part of the book the malfoy manory

Posted by Lost Northern on August 29, 2010, 03:09 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Hermione's Patronus, a shining silver otter, was gamboling around her.[br]"They [i]are[/i] sort of nice, aren't they?" she said, looking at it fondly.