Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 67 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 13, 2010, 11:54 PM

There are now only 67 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"Luna is down at the stream, fishing for Freshwater Plimpies. She . . . she will like to see you. I'll go and call her and then -- yes, very well. I shall try to help you."
Xenophilius Lovegood
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Xenophilius Lovegood"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

awee I hate how Xeno betrays them but still it’s his daughter right? Like comeon

Posted by DancewithaGinger on September 14, 2010, 06:37 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Water plimpies..yeah right!

Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Oh, poor Luna, and I did feel sorry for Xeno, but like many on here, loved Hermione in the scene. Good, strong, intelligent female character, I love her.

Posted by eccentricalice on September 14, 2010, 07:47 AM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

Ohh, I felt sorry for Xenophilius…

Posted by tjerriam on September 14, 2010, 07:50 AM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

try to “help…” gee thanks. But from this chapter (really the next one though…) my friend and i have developed the “Xenophillius Prove It Theory.” her way of explaining it is “Look, I have an invisible cup of coffee that you cannot see, feel, hear, taste or smell.” “No you don’t.” “oh yeah? prove it!”

38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

Hehehehe Zenophilus is so….. himself

Posted by Sohumdore on September 14, 2010, 08:45 AM report to moderator

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were worried about Luna in Azkaban. Do you really think she wouldn’t have had the Dementors begging for her to be released? We all know how Luna is!!

Posted by jeannemclROAR on September 14, 2010, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

Lies
he was a jerk in the book at this point and but i think moreso in the movie

i will hear nothing of this saving his daughter nonsense its for the greater good

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 14, 2010, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

@hermione198k I felt sorry for Xenophilius, too! He really tried to keep them from coming in and having to hand them over, but he gave into the temptation to get Luna back. I like his character though, he’s so wonderfully weird!

Xenophile = A person attracted to that which is foreign, especially to foreign peoples, manners, or cultures. Old Xenophilius certainly likes strange/foreign things!

Posted by Bless_the_children on September 14, 2010, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

I love how Xenophilius’s betrayal of Harry shows the running theme in Harry Potter of how great a parent’s love for their kids is. We see it in Xeno, the Malfoys, the Weasleys, the Longbottoms and, of course, the Potters.

Posted by Finny on September 14, 2010, 11:52 AM report to moderator

This was an amazing chapter and explained so much. Hermione was amazing what an escape!!

Posted by hewy on September 14, 2010, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

I feel sorry for Xeno … but I still wish he’d never betrayed Harry. I mean, I know it was for Luna but, come on, you’ve thought that he’d realised that Luna wouldn’t have wanted him to do that!!!
I’m torn … xS

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 14, 2010, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

On the bright side though, 67 days!! x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 14, 2010, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

I think Xenophilius was so bewildered thinking about his daughter Luna that he was desperate to try and get her back anyway he could!!! I am just very glad that Harry and Ron & Hermione were able to excape in time!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on September 14, 2010, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Felt sorry for Xenophilius,but still it was a sort of betray… :-/

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on September 14, 2010, 01:01 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Ron," said Hermione in a dignified voice, dipping the point of her quill into her ink pot, "You are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet."