Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 67 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
September 13, 2010, 11:54 PM

There are now only 67 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"Luna is down at the stream, fishing for Freshwater Plimpies. She . . . she will like to see you. I'll go and call her and then -- yes, very well. I shall try to help you."
Xenophilius Lovegood
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Xenophilius Lovegood"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

For_your_consideration_thumb

omg hermione was just phenomenal at gettiong the trio out of the mess…….she’s brilliant:)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on September 14, 2010, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_oots_style_by_mcsquared42_thumb

I feel bad for Xeno. He had his daughter he had to think about. Hermione was really good with her quick thinking on how to get out of there.

Posted by ❀ Jay K. Elle ❀ on September 14, 2010, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I can’t really hate or blame Xenophilius for what he did. He wanted his daughter back, and would do anything to get her back. I mean its his kid, any parent I think would want to do the same. And Luna was all he had and she really was wonderful. How can you blame the guy? I felt bad for him.

Posted by SlyBones on September 14, 2010, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

@Edith, the burden of proof lies with the person making the claim. In the “Xenophilius Prove it Theory” it is the person claiming there is an invisible cup that has to prove the cup exists. You can’t shift the burden of proof to the person questioning the claim.

It’s a very interesting subject :) Google for “argumentum ad ignorantiam”, or “proving a negative fallacy” if you want to know more about it. And them make your friend prove the existence of the cup hehe

Posted by Iceholic on September 14, 2010, 04:09 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

That sneaky little Lovegood! Good thing we have Hermione! :)

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 14, 2010, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Grrrrr! Mr. Lovegood! You disappointed me!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 14, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

i remember this comment but forget what comes next. funny thats not how i picture xenophilious,i thought he would look more like a brighter mad hatter…

Posted by farewell_fred on September 14, 2010, 07:40 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love this part!!!!!!!!!!!! i knew luna was not there coz if she was she would have come running to the house. also if there were death eaters left right and centre, why would xeno let her out alone? old git!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on September 14, 2010, 08:52 PM report to moderator

when you reread this part, it’s really wonderful how many times ms rowling makes comments that seem like nothing at the time, but are actually really important… case in point: “he glanced out the window again”

Posted by muggleborn.princess on September 14, 2010, 09:22 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I love the bit when Harry see’s the ceiling of Luna’s bedroom, she’s soooo sweet, i loved her even more while reading that bit.
I’m still not convinced about Rhys Ivans though. Xeno is the only character i’ve pictured in my head and Rhys just doesn’t fit how i pictured him. But then again, i haven’t seen him as Xeno yet.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 14, 2010, 09:41 PM report to moderator

Ahh Xeno…I felt so bad for him. I didn’t blame him at all for what he did. He just wanted his precious luna back.

Posted by jjh1234 on September 15, 2010, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_loxhxnpc7a1qjbryso1_r1_500_large_thumb

This part in the book got me nervous; such a close call in getting away but Hermione was amazingly smart!!!! :)

Posted by MissingHedwig on September 16, 2010, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

hermione was hilarious here.. she even partly helped Xenophilius before leaving..by showing their presence b4 leaving..

Posted by beautiful_hermione on September 17, 2010, 01:51 AM report to moderator
Caffiene_thumb

Awesome! can’t wait! Although I absolutely HATE the picture of Xenophilius! What a jerk. I still love Luna either way. :)

Posted by Quidditchluver on September 17, 2010, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Poor Xeno … what would we have done in his shoes? Risking your own life is one thing, but a parent would do ANYTHING to rescue a child. I loved how Hermione ensured his protection at the crucial moment.

This photo looks nothing like the Xeno of my imagination … I’m not worried, though. I’m sure he will be awesome.

"Isn't he [i]beautiful?"[/i] Hagrid murmured. He reached out a hand to stroke the dragon's head. It snapped at his fingers, showing pointed fangs.[br]"Bless him, look, he knows his mommy!" said Hagrid.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014